Need help on choosing a game

#1greatdramonPosted 4/23/2013 2:55:43 PM
So i plan on getting a game i can really get into when i get my 3ds XL(on thursday), But i am having trouble deciding which one to get.
I am already getting Resident Evil Revelations, and i can't decide between tales of the abyss or fire emblem awakening. I love S-RPGs and J-RPGs. I haven't played a tales game before, but the battle system looks interesting (Can't tell if it would get repetitive quick or not). For those who have played it, does it:

1- Have plenty of side quests and secrets and stuff? How long would you say it would take to go through the game?
2- It may just be my pet peeve, but i love customization is my J-RPGs. Like i loved the way the different armor and weapon choices were visible in battle in Dragon Quest 9, not to mention mixing items to create new ones. Hows that in this game?
3- Difficulty?

Also i am not so sure about Fire emblem. Same questions as above for this too. Also i wanna play devil survivor 2, and that's a S-RPG too. I've also heard good things about Radiant Historia.

What would you suggest?
---
!!!send the clown....THE CLOWN!!!
I Shall Haz -BLAM-!!!....Without any milk o_0
#2Vs1991Posted 4/23/2013 3:04:50 PM
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers is the only right answer
#3greatdramon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:11:27 PM
I was actually looking forward to it before, but i've read some pretty bad reviews for it.
Dated gameplay, graphics(Not a big deal, but they DO matter a little), Bland dungeon crawling, etc etc. I'll wait for SMT 4 xD
---
#4pbandjamesPosted 4/23/2013 3:13:02 PM
Fire Emblem is actually one of the best games I've played in a while. Tales of the Abyss is alright, but I think you'll enjoy FE:A more.
---
Game news is the best news.
#5PhaseSlaethePosted 4/23/2013 3:16:06 PM
greatdramon posted...
I was actually looking forward to it before, but i've read some pretty bad reviews for it.
Dated gameplay, graphics(Not a big deal, but they DO matter a little), Bland dungeon crawling, etc etc. I'll wait for SMT 4 xD

So the problem is a bad reviewER. Got it.
#6greatdramon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:43:28 PM
More like ReviewerS xD.
---
#7greatdramon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:01:41 PM
ummmm people i need answers!
---
#8gilv3rPosted 4/23/2013 11:27:54 PM
I would try out soul hackers.
---
PC PS3 3DS
#9risen987Posted 4/23/2013 11:44:11 PM
Tales of the Abyss has a decent amount of side quests and story has a good amount of length in the game. For the customization only the weapons are noticeable changes and for different outfits you have to get certain titles for each character. Abyss isn't too hard of a game. Game style is more of a action rpg where you control your character and can move around enemies in battle. The game has a good replay value where you can activate new side quests and more challenging dungeons. Abyss is a good game in my opinion and it might be a game that you will like.

Fire Emblem is more of a tactical game where every character you place matters how your characters will survive similar to chess. It's a hard game if you aren't used to fire emblem. There's not many customization other than weapons but it does have a very good amount of side chapters where you can recruit new characters and there's dlc. I find this game to be more addicting than abyss.
#10risen987Posted 4/23/2013 11:57:57 PM
It seems like you might want get all the other atlus games on the 3DS especially if you are are into the genre of rpg. Devil surviver 1, devil surviver 2, and etrian odyssey IV are good old school style games. Radiant historia is a awesome game with a intresting story and I would definitely get that game. Im currently playing soul hackers which is remake of an old game but I would also that out too.