Ok, so my 3DS finally came... YAY! [Day1 - initial reactions]

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 4/24/2013 12:40:21 AM
Day 1

Saw the box and thought, "this is very good packaging." So I waited for a second or two to savour the moment and then took the courage to open it, like when link pulls out the master sword from the temple of time and I opened it.

I pull out everything and thought damn, the 3DS XL is way smaller than I thought it was going to be. (Not in a bad way) I thought the finish on the 3DS was phenomenal, this was my first time ever buying a limited edition console.

I flip the thing open, analog stick feels nice, though a little wierd, given I'm used to the vita set-up.

Ladies and gentlemen, I press the POWER button, I'm like oh cool, this is expected the 3d is a little disorienting, so I fidget around with the settings and remember talk of a "sweet spot," so when I get that, I thought this pretty good. Then I download some demos like monster hunter and resident evil.

I load up some monster hunter demo casually unaware my mind was about to be blown into tiny pieces of shrapnel, I pick the monster fight with the one in the ice parts and I literally went WTFFFFF, (no joke) when the game loaded. INSANITY, WOW. I truly wasnt expecting this level of detail in a 3DS game, given how Nintendo tends to downplay graphics in favour of gameplay. The way the gameplay was handled was awesome too like how they mapped the camera to the touch screen.

I close the game, then loaded some resident evil and had pretty much similar reactions. The atmospheric horror aspect of the game really works well in 3D. The only other demo, I tried was the kingdom hearts one, that one was pretty much meh, only because I played the tutorial levels.

Other stuff that was in the box was a art-book for fire emblem, which was a nice touch as I wasnt expecting it. My only minor gripe on the day was that the 3DS XL never came with a AC adapter like who ships products without adapters. I'm paying loads of money for a system and they pull something like this. I just hope this doesnt become a thing, companies in the future, adopt. Anyways to close, I'm a very satisfied customer.

TL:DR version
Vita protagonist is very satisfied with the handheld console, at the current moment.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2sockesockePosted 4/24/2013 12:58:51 AM
glad youre enjoying the 3ds, monster hunter 3 ultimate is a 3rd party game though.
the games you played so far have the best graphics on the system yet. sadly not every game looks as good as those.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#3Dual-Shock3Posted 4/24/2013 1:14:48 AM
Get Resident Evil : Revelations now !
#4MishimaBloodPosted 4/24/2013 1:48:28 AM
Dis guy. I swear I ve seen him bash on every 3DS owner on the vita board.
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#5elbarto1Posted 4/24/2013 2:11:14 AM
Why no adapter? Did you buy it used?
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#6ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:15:23 AM
elbarto1 posted...

No way, it just doesn't come with one.

It's written on the back of the box.

I bought mines from an online retailer, cause the limited edition had been sold out in physical shops.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#7elbarto1Posted 4/24/2013 2:17:48 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
elbarto1 posted...

I bought mines from an online retailer, cause the limited edition had been sold out in physical shops.

Weird. OK then.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#8ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:06:57 AM
MishimaBlood posted...

Im not going to deny my past, but in every post I make. I always make it an effort to make sure I post the truth, no matter how harsh it may seem. Some people couldnt handle it, and they crumbled in topics made for the board where I participated. Their last line of defence was to call me a basher. Thats old news anyways, what matters is im here.

Lets keep it positive.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#9supremeblasterPosted 4/24/2013 3:14:13 AM
elbarto1 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Weird. OK then.

I didn't get a charger with it either,I had to buy it seperately for $2 or something.
#10supremeblasterPosted 4/24/2013 3:15:24 AM
MishimaBlood posted...

Im not going to deny my past, but in every post I make. I always make it an effort to make sure I post the truth, no matter how harsh it may seem. Some people couldnt handle it, and they crumbled in topics made for the board where I participated. Their last line of defence was to call me a basher. Thats old news anyways, what matters is im here.

Lets keep it positive.

It's good to see. Keep it up! : )