With Iwata becoming CEO of Nintendo of America, better chances for localizations

#1SakurafanboyPosted 4/24/2013 6:10:05 AM
?

Maybe? I'd hope so. Wasn't it Reggie who was always anti-localization? With him now having to report to Iwata directly, Iwata could push for stronger localization efforts in America. Perhaps he'd get Level-5 to bring over Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney and Fantasy Life. We can already assume Nintendo would partner with Square Enix again for Dragon Quest VII, but the Level-5 games need more of a localization push.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2esoteric42Posted 4/24/2013 7:03:34 AM
Reggie is just a mouthpiece for NoA. His job is to go on Jimmy Fallon and put an American face on a Japanese company.

Hopefully Iwata will push for more NA localization than his predecessor, Tatsumi Kimishima.

Reggie is all about profits. If it's not a guaranteed profit for the company, he's not going to back the investment.

Hopefully the new CEO of NCL will have more interest in capturing a Western audience than Iwata did.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#3deimos91Posted 4/24/2013 7:10:54 AM
Still no DQM3D i bet
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#4chestershadowPosted 4/24/2013 7:10:56 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
?

Maybe? I'd hope so. Wasn't it Reggie who was always anti-localization? With him now having to report to Iwata directly, Iwata could push for stronger localization efforts in America. Perhaps he'd get Level-5 to bring over Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney and Fantasy Life. We can already assume Nintendo would partner with Square Enix again for Dragon Quest VII, but the Level-5 games need more of a localization push.

Just because we havent been given confirmation yet for AAxLayton doesnt mean we wont get it. Level 5 just opened an American branch for localization purposes, we already hsave confirmation for all current main series Layton games coming to the US, and Ace Attourney 5 also has confirmation. Its basically inevitable we'll get the crossover game. Theres no business sense at all not to, especially because both franchises sell well in the West.
#5PuddingchanPosted 4/24/2013 7:11:11 AM
I hope this is the case. The library for 3DS games in US is starting to come together, but it is just not that great yet. Seriously if not for at least Fire Emblem, I would not buy this console at all.

Fantasy Life would be coming, but I'm personally hoping for Dragon Quest Monsters. Quite alienated by all the Mario/Luigi releases since I'm not part of that fanbase group, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people like that too.
#6KaiRyusakiPosted 4/24/2013 7:14:21 AM
You never know.
Iwata might be even more pessimistic than Reggie about certain games selling here. We might get even LESS

we dont know cause we're not from the future. Only Kazoo is
#7GambitAcePosted 4/24/2013 7:16:47 AM
how bout a freakin' xenoblade reprint
---
how do you turn this on?
#8chestershadowPosted 4/24/2013 7:20:08 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
You never know.
Iwata might be even more pessimistic than Reggie about certain games selling here. We might get even LESS

we dont know cause we're not from the future. Only Kazoo is

Iwata helped code Earthbound, and he had been one of the few in the company besides Itoi who wanted to see it brought back in some capacity. I really have my doubts about Iwata being more pessimistic about localization/bringing things out West. At the very least, he is directly incharge of Reggie now, who was a big proponent of not localizing things because of the cost to do so. Reggie hardly took any financial risks like that unless it was almost a guven they'd stand to make money. Iwata still cares about the company's bottom line, but he seems more genuine about good gaming/taking risks than his NoA predecessor.
#9blazingsonicPosted 4/24/2013 10:04:54 AM
So who's the President of Nintendo now?
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#10SalsaSavantPosted 4/24/2013 10:06:14 AM
blazingsonic posted...
So who's the President of Nintendo now?

Sakurai's cat.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.