With Iwata becoming CEO of Nintendo of America, better chances for localizations

#31Excess-FatPosted 4/24/2013 3:55:57 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
?

Maybe? I'd hope so. Wasn't it Reggie who was always anti-localization? With him now having to report to Iwata directly, Iwata could push for stronger localization efforts in America. Perhaps he'd get Level-5 to bring over Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney and Fantasy Life. We can already assume Nintendo would partner with Square Enix again for Dragon Quest VII, but the Level-5 games need more of a localization push.

wishful thinking at best, if any thing we'd get less >>..
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#32mahgah91Posted 4/24/2013 4:01:38 PM
esoteric42 posted...
Reggie is all about profits. If it's not a guaranteed profit for the company, he's not going to back the investment.

And you think Iwata is different? Oh no, he's not profit-centric, he just had to take really long s***s every time he was about to press the magical non-profit related Mother 1/2/3 localization button and never got around to it

And he definitely spams New Super Mario Bros. games because they're innovative and original, not because they're easy profitable titles that don't need hard effort to sell.
#33pbandjamesPosted 4/24/2013 6:04:11 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
Fr33z posted...
blazingsonic posted...
So who's the President of Nintendo now?

Still Iwata. The company is globalizing with Iwata overseeing both NoJ and NoA fully now.

Also to others here Reggie was COO of NoA not CEO. He's really nothing more than a glorified PR guy meant to have an American face in a Japanese company.

If thats the case then who really was the CEO of NoA before this?

The man who's now becoming CEO of NOJ.
---
Game news is the best news.
#34levyjl1988Posted 4/24/2013 7:29:53 PM
Games I've missed for not being localized.

Another Code for wii
Disaster Day of Crisis for wii
Can't play this because of REGION LOCK! FUUUUU....

Had to import and buy online:
Last Window for DS
Hamtaro Rainbow Rescue
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#35Tino_Tonitini2Posted 4/24/2013 10:11:10 PM
Okay, I have to chime in because people are spreading some erroneous information.

From 2006 until April 2013, Tatsumi Kimishima WAS the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nintendo of America (NOA), which is based in Redmond, Washington. He has been promoted to Managing Director of Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL), which is the parent company of NOA and is located in Japan.

Satoru Iwata, who has been CEO of NCL since 2002 and STILL holds that position, will now be the CEO of NOA as well.

Reggie Fils- Aime has been the President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) since 2006 and will continue to hold that position even as NOA changes CEOs. Fils-Aime has NEVER been CEO of NOA.

All clear? Good. :)
#36Banjo2553Posted 4/25/2013 12:48:06 AM
Iwata being new CEO could be the reason why we're finally seeing EarthBound again...so I remain a bit hopeful.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz