I don't understand all of the hate for digital...

#21zatOMGPosted 4/24/2013 5:07:53 PM
JTC87 posted...
People are scared of the evolution in technology. They are comfortable in their own ways. All the arguments I have seen against it are either paranoia or easily fixed,

LOL yeah a personal preference means you are scared of technology. Maybe you are scared of troglodytes, buddy boy.

You sound so condescending its ridiculous.
#22NettoSaitoPosted 4/24/2013 5:09:56 PM(edited)
I buy digital games on my Vita, but that's because I download PSOne and PSP games on it. For the rest, I have always gone for the hard copy.

- Hard Copies have collectors value
- You never lose hard copies
- You don't have to spend extra cash to buy a SD card/memory card that can hold them all.
- You don't have to download/redownload hard copy games.

My 360 wouldn't be able to hold my 140 something 360 games if they were digital (I install most of my games anyway, and I can hold about 8 at a time), and my PS3 wouldn't be able to hold my 50 something PS3 games either, (sure I can download most of them, but heck, just Uncharted 3 would have taken up the entire HDD) my Vita wouldn't be able to hold all of my Vita games plus the PSP and PSOne games I have, and my 3DS can't handle all of the games I own right now either. I'd have to spend about 200 bucks on memory cards if I wanted to go down that route.

Besides the issue with space, my main reason is the collectors value. I have games that were limited print that go for hundreds online. If they were digital, they would be worth nothing.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News and Reviews] - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#23Darkstorm16Posted 4/24/2013 5:28:51 PM
NettoSaito posted...
I buy digital games on my Vita, but that's because I download PSOne and PSP games on it. For the rest, I have always gone for the hard copy.

- Hard Copies have collectors value
- You never lose hard copies
- You don't have to spend extra cash to buy a SD card/memory card that can hold them all.
- You don't have to download/redownload hard copy games.

My 360 wouldn't be able to hold my 140 something 360 games if they were digital (I install most of my games anyway, and I can hold about 8 at a time), and my PS3 wouldn't be able to hold my 50 something PS3 games either, (sure I can download most of them, but heck, just Uncharted 3 would have taken up the entire HDD) my Vita wouldn't be able to hold all of my Vita games plus the PSP and PSOne games I have, and my 3DS can't handle all of the games I own right now either. I'd have to spend about 200 bucks on memory cards if I wanted to go down that route.

Besides the issue with space, my main reason is the collectors value. I have games that were limited print that go for hundreds online. If they were digital, they would be worth nothing.

damn 140 games O.O....ummm....I wouldnt even have time for 140 console games.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#24TiamatKillerPosted 4/24/2013 5:34:47 PM
If Nintendo had an iota of common sense coupled with actual knowledge about how to implement online components, I'd wager that at least 3/4 of the haters would be fine with it.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#25CWtennisPosted 4/24/2013 5:35:47 PM
Recently, as I've noticed my video games steadily gathering in size, I've begun to take a liking to collecting games. Ironically it's right at the time when developers push downloading the games and having no PHYSICAL copy therefore my collection is hindered (sorry but idc about a virtual collection). This and I just love having a physical copy so I know that the game is truly mine.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#26esehomie14Posted 4/24/2013 6:21:13 PM
I don't know about where you live, TC, but where I live I have to pay tax to transfer money into the eshop then pay extra tax for the games. That's complete BS.
#27SoeroahPosted 4/24/2013 6:32:27 PM
I don't hate digital, I just prefer having game boxes and instruction manuals on my shelves, same as my books. Though the manuals have become...lacking in recent years.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.