Any reason to get the retail Cave Story?

#1mahgah91Posted 4/24/2013 2:29:18 PM
As opposed to Cave Story on the eShop or just playing it on the computer?
#2GhetsisPosted 4/24/2013 2:32:50 PM
If you want worse graphics, or the ability to play as a Prinny, dood.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3IAznDragonI YanPosted 4/24/2013 2:35:16 PM
different music and 3d graphics compared to the original 8-bit? music and graphics. also, the 3ds retail version limited edition has a 3d lenticular cover and its rare
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#4Second_ChancesPosted 4/24/2013 2:46:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No. Please, don't make this mistake.
#5-Zeke-Posted 4/24/2013 2:50:25 PM
Probably the music is the main reason, but considering they also added it to the steam version, yeah...
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#6Darkstorm16Posted 4/24/2013 2:53:46 PM
To have the ability to play the game physically if your afraid of digital. Although I don't know why Nintendo won't do what Sony did with Journey, Flower and Flow but make a cartridge of Ikachan, Cave Story +, Night Sky or VVVVV would make an awesome collection or even add a couple more.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#7chestershadowPosted 4/24/2013 5:51:19 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
To have the ability to play the game physically if your afraid of digital. Although I don't know why Nintendo won't do what Sony did with Journey, Flower and Flow but make a cartridge of Ikachan, Cave Story +, Night Sky or VVVVV would make an awesome collection or even add a couple more.

Because its not generally financially feasible to do a bundle of that kind, at least not for alot of indie devs.
#8mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 5:53:27 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...

That would require multiple indie devs to collaborate and somehow get something like that published. On top of that a lot of people have an assortment of indie games through the dozens of indie bundles that have sold indie games at dirt cheap (and they're still going).
#9AnotherSomebodyPosted 4/24/2013 6:10:35 PM
3DS version is fine, but the PC one has (IMO) a much better interpretation of the script (Huzza! > Oh Yeah!).
---
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES
#10Mariofan15Posted 4/24/2013 6:18:22 PM
Nope. Especially when the other versions are far surperior and dont cut anything out like the retail version does.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710