Are there ever any worthwhile games availiable via club nintendo coins?

#1furygodsPosted 4/24/2013 4:56:19 PM
Other than shovelware (if I offended anyone by saying that they are shovelware, then let me rephrase it... Games that are in the Game Boy era)?

And what is the Gold status reward :3

Thanks in advance.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#2suttonmitchellPosted 4/24/2013 4:58:15 PM
Shovelware has nothing to do with the Game Boy era. Sure there was shovelware, just like any other system, but simply being an old game does not make it shovelware. It is just a game that was rushed or cashed in on gimmicks to make a quick buck. x_x
---
NN ID: SultanM / 3DS FC (US) - 2208-4425-4567
Region/Time Zone: United States / Mountain Time
#321_21Posted 4/24/2013 4:59:01 PM
Well, there is Super Metroid available for 150 coins for your Wii, but if you have a WiiU, I suggest you hold on since it'll be 30 cents next month for that.

There used to be Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Jr. on CN, but I don't know when they'll have those available.

And we won't know what the prizes for each status is until later this year.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4badguyPosted 4/24/2013 5:03:44 PM
it had metroid 2 during December. that was worthwhile. lately? doesnt feel it to me
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine steam id: iamthebadguy
#5TAoRPosted 4/24/2013 5:11:29 PM
lolmetroid2
#6NightRainPosted 4/24/2013 5:15:43 PM
I got Kid Ikarus 3D classic last month.
Too bad there are too few of those... Kirby 3D classic would be cool. The other games are crap. Urban Champion? LOL!

This month I got Mario 64. I chose this over Super Metroid. It was a hard choice... Kirby's Pinbal Land is pretty cool. I used to own the gameboy game back in the day... I had lots of fun with it.
---
To be a sage means only to be rich in knowledge.
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#7AkaneJonesPosted 4/24/2013 6:03:35 PM
1) 3DS - Gameboy VC(Metroid 2, Donkey Kong['94], Kirby's Dreamland. ect.)
2) 3DS - 3D Classics(Most of them, except Kirby's Adventure)
3) 3DS - NES VC(I think)
4) 3DS - DSiware(Metal Torrent, Art Academy, Mario vs DK, ect.)
5) Wii - SNES VC(Super Mario Kart, Super Punch-Out!, ect.)
6) Wii - N64 VC(Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Mario 64, ect.)
7) Wii - Wiiware(Eco Shooter, something else)
There may have been some NES VC for Wii, not sure exactly. However they are limited to Nintendo published titles only. 3D Classics, while the game contained with in many not be made by Nintendo, are considered Nintendo published.
#8Darkstorm16Posted 4/24/2013 6:04:43 PM
Kirby's Pinball sitting there is mocking me...knowing I lack the coins >.< must...have..you...
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#9NerdstickPosted 4/25/2013 7:28:08 AM
If they're only going to offer 2 for each system, I wish they'd offer a third. 3DSWare for up to 300 coins.

The price discrepancy between 3DS and Wii is also frustrating. The Wii games typically cost the same amount of coins for games twice as expensive as on 3DS.
Kirby Pinball = 150, $4.
Super Metroid = 150, $8.

At least now that the WiiU Virtual Console is (about?) out, maybe we'll see WiiU VC titles for sale. I'd pick up Super Mario World for 150.
#10GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/25/2013 2:49:33 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Kirby's Pinball sitting there is mocking me...knowing I lack the coins >.< must...have..you...

I have the coins for it, but I'm waiting for something actually good, like Link's Awakening.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio