Oh you play 3DS? but thats for little kids

#41NathanisDrakePosted 4/25/2013 2:23:44 AM
IndyJunior posted...
But the thing is that they are kind of right. The only thing is that it is also for people who love these "japanese style games" like Shin Megami Tensei, Phoenix Wright, 999, Harvest Moon etc.

It's the same thing with the DS really. Almost all the DS line of consoles offers are Nintendo games, the "japanese style games" and random showelware.

Unfortunately most of Nintendo's games are lazy efforts with poor with controls so there is almost nothing on these consoles for a regular gamer.

I made a topic about this on the DS board once, I was flamed of course, yet the only game to stand out from the crowd that people could mention was Contra 4.

Also I am not sure that those "japanese style games" are not meant for kids, from what I have have seen they seem childish. Remember back in the GBA days people on gamefaqs used to say that "DemiKids" (part of the Shin Megami Tensei series) was pokemon for grownups however from what I played it was at least as childish as pokemon.

So other than a very specific niche market segment, these consoles are mostly for kids who does not know much about games. And who do you think are responsible for the majority of the sales? Iif anyone is telling you it's for kids it makes perfect sense. Besides I am sure the majority of people you see playing this in public outside of asia are kids.

9/10 Good for a few laughs. Now begone!
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma
#42Valg_EnPosted 4/25/2013 2:54:46 AM
Do nothing, it's their opinion, as long as i'm happy, i won't stop playing it.
#43Deimos259Posted 4/25/2013 3:07:49 AM
No one ever says that to me.
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#44SlimeStackPosted 4/25/2013 3:39:16 AM
People don't say things like that to me.
---
Moo
#45siberian142Posted 4/25/2013 4:11:03 AM
It's likely just hearsay, so nothing. If they're just repeating what someone told them, they're too ignorant to try to talk sense into in the first place.

If they truly think that and have experience with it, well, that's just their opinion.
#46JiroroPosted 4/25/2013 6:29:39 AM
I wish someone would say this to me
#47wisemiddsPosted 4/25/2013 7:15:47 AM
It is for little kids. That's why Nintendogs, Pokemon, Pepper Pig and style Boutique games are among the top sellers. It's fact, the Vita is generally played by the more adult/ mature gamer.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#48LinkSSJ6Posted 4/25/2013 7:17:08 AM
Easy solution: Buy a white 3DS and stick an Apple symbol on it.

People will think it's an Apple product and will stop saying it's kiddy. Because if you play games in an Apple junk, then you're not a kid anymore.
---
Got a Wii or Wii U but nothing new to play? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.pandorastowerwii.com/
#49Sir_HaxorPosted 4/25/2013 8:47:14 AM
No one says this to me. I play my 3DS every morning on the bus and back on my way home. A few weeks ago I was playing MM3 with the volume all the way up just to get on people's nerves. I could tell the NES music was irritating them to no end!
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#50mattfrankPosted 4/25/2013 8:50:29 AM
I have loads of pics /vids of hairy muscular dudes stored in my 3ds that aren't for church going straight kids.
---
FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637