Vita or 3DS XL?

#1darkwargreymon9Posted 4/24/2013 8:09:21 PM
Now, I recognize I have been a nintendo fanboy for the majority of my life. I never owned a PS console until 2008 when I bought the PS3 but it has backwards compatability. As for Nintendo I own N64, Gameboy color, GBA, DS lite, Game Cube, and my sister has a Wii. Now that Nintendo has announced pokemon X and Y I am leaning towards 3DS since pokemon was the reason I got the DS in the first place.

I am wandering:
-What are the Vita titles worth getting PSP Vita? (Hint:JRPGs)
-Backwards compatability of both conoles (Vita/3DS)?
-Battery life of both consoles (DS lite lasted about 16 hours in lowest light setting) ?
-What are some 3DS titles worth getting, counting this year?
-Any other details/diffrences that could help here?

Would it be worth getting both consoles eventually? Which one is better to get first? I am leaning towards 3DS because I know it more, I have expirience with DS and it has been an excellent purchase. I love JRPGs like Pokemon and Golden Sun, I would also love to play Final Fantasy. As far as price, I will be waiting for price drops, I will wait until October to get the system.
#2LinkMaster2703Posted 4/24/2013 8:12:34 PM
Get a 3DS now and a Vita later. The Vita needs a price drop and the library is trash right now.
#3AceMosPosted 4/24/2013 8:12:48 PM
3DS has more JRpgs now and coming

it is backwords comaptible with DS games (the vita is not with PSP)
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#4yankee6903Posted 4/24/2013 8:15:09 PM
Take the top 10 games from the front page boards and the top 10 scoring from metacritic. DO a youtube search on all and mark the ones you are interested in. Whatever has the most wins.
---
ServantOfErieos posted...
What people don't realise is that I post from the heart, and the heart filters lie. So you can't lie to me.
#5PeteZaHutxPosted 4/24/2013 8:15:52 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Get a 3DS now and a Vita later. The Vita needs a price drop and the library is trash right now.

Pretty much this , i own both and i have to say the Vita is doing absolutely horrible right now, the 3DS has some great games right now like SMT , Monster Hunter , Mario 3D land , luigi's mansion just to name a few with an increasing library in the coming months.

Vita has some games like Gravity Rush , LBP , Uncharted but the library is too small right now to warrant the purchase and the memory stick prices are criminal , wait for a price drop before you get a Vita.,
#6darkwargreymon9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:16:02 PM
Just what I thought, I keep hearing about X title on 3DS and Y title like Luigi's Mansion, Zelda Ocarina of Time, but nothing on Vita. I live under a rock though!
Another crazy thought: How much would it cost to get a PSP? Are there multiple versions like the DS?
#7yankee6903Posted 4/24/2013 8:17:05 PM
AceMos posted...
3DS has more JRpgs now and coming

it is backwords comaptible with DS games (the vita is not with PSP)

Uh yes it is, digitally.
---
ServantOfErieos posted...
What people don't realise is that I post from the heart, and the heart filters lie. So you can't lie to me.
#8EmeraldroxPosted 4/24/2013 8:22:34 PM
darkwargreymon9 posted...
Just what I thought, I keep hearing about X title on 3DS and Y title like Luigi's Mansion, Zelda Ocarina of Time, but nothing on Vita. I live under a rock though!
Another crazy thought: How much would it cost to get a PSP? Are there multiple versions like the DS?

I got a Darth Vader PSP 2000 (2nd gen) for 50$ and a large memory stick for 10. There are 3 gens of the PSP, and a Go, which is useless as it doesn't play disks.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#9alexg1989Posted 4/24/2013 8:23:16 PM
darkwargreymon9 posted...
Now, I recognize I have been a nintendo fanboy for the majority of my life. I never owned a PS console until 2008 when I bought the PS3 but it has backwards compatability. As for Nintendo I own N64, Gameboy color, GBA, DS lite, Game Cube, and my sister has a Wii. Now that Nintendo has announced pokemon X and Y I am leaning towards 3DS since pokemon was the reason I got the DS in the first place.

I am wandering:
-What are the Vita titles worth getting PSP Vita? (Hint:JRPGs)
-Backwards compatability of both conoles (Vita/3DS)?
-Battery life of both consoles (DS lite lasted about 16 hours in lowest light setting) ?
-What are some 3DS titles worth getting, counting this year?
-Any other details/diffrences that could help here?

Would it be worth getting both consoles eventually? Which one is better to get first? I am leaning towards 3DS because I know it more, I have expirience with DS and it has been an excellent purchase. I love JRPGs like Pokemon and Golden Sun, I would also love to play Final Fantasy. As far as price, I will be waiting for price drops, I will wait until October to get the system.

You're a pokemon fanboy it seems so just go with the 3DS. You'll regret it after X and Y comes out if you buy a Vita.

I personally think the Vita is better by a long shot

don't expect anywhere near that much battery life out of either the 3DS or PS Vita. Each will get you about 5-6 hours max. Maybe more if all you're doing is listening to music...

The PS Vita has two analog sticks which is great for first person shooters, 3D adventure games and 3rd person shooters...

3DS can play original DS game carts. It also has old gameboy games downloadable via the online stor.

the PS Vita can play PSP, PS1, a TON of indie games...

I don't know about the 3DS but the Vita's upcoming library has me amped.

We're getting:

The Jak & Daxter Trilogy Collection

Ys Memories of Celceta (this one might be up your alley. Its an action RPG and plays a lot like Zelda... very fun series)

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD

Killzone Mercenary

Tearaway is a unique looking game. I'm not too sure about it yet but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Batman Arkham Origins BlackGate

etc

those are the Vita games on my radar anyway...
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#10alphame4Posted 4/24/2013 8:25:08 PM
Just get a 3DS.

I don't think you're man enough to handle the Vita.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr