Iwata says more unannounced 3DS titles on the way (WOOT!)

#1Rurouni720Posted 4/24/2013 8:32:02 PM
Recently, third-party software developers overseas have had fewer of their best development studios develop software for handheld devices. However, for this year, the release of several key titles has already been announced, and I have also heard there are more unannounced titles to come. Also, as I mentioned on another occasion, we plan to more actively support the Japanese software developers in distributing their key titles overseas.

To be more specific, as of today, such third-party titles as shown on this slide have already been announced that they will be sold in the overseas markets, and Iíve also heard that our third parties are planning to launch other software titles that they have not announced yet. With these titles in the lineup, I think that, although much later than in Japan, the overseas markets are finally ready for Nintendo 3DS to get on an ideal sales track.

On the other hand, the argument continues overseas that "with the growing popularity of smart devices, Nintendo 3DS cannot penetrate the market significantly," just as had been said in Japan before "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" penetrated the market at an explosive rate. Also, I believe that at the beginning of the year, some had the view that "since Nintendo 3DS did not sell at an explosive rate at the end of last year, Nintendo 3DS has already peaked out in the Western markets."

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=201122#p806505

Awww yeah! :P
#2suttonmitchellPosted 4/24/2013 8:32:50 PM
*already was bowing to Iwata*

*bows harder*
---
Currently Playing: AC: New Leaf, Soul Hackers, SMB 3, Dark Souls
#3pikachupwnagePosted 4/24/2013 8:34:45 PM
Holy freaking mother of Arceus!

Its already disgustingly good...how can it get better? Freaking nuts!

*Pulls the life support off my wallet and digs through it*
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#4pikachupwnagePosted 4/24/2013 8:36:01 PM
suttonmitchell posted...
*already was bowing to Iwata*

*bows harder*

*Bows so hard that my body sinks Into the ground*

3DS is just absurd. This is possibly the greatest year any video game system has ever had!
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#5powerade911Posted 4/24/2013 8:40:21 PM
Can my wallet rest in another wallet's grave? I'm gonna run out of money for my own.
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright
#6BigDaddyWingnutPosted 4/24/2013 8:41:09 PM
Wish I knew what third party titles were on that slide he mentioned...
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
SmashKing just equated liking Animal Crossing to supporting rape. Yep, that just happened. - Tzuba12
#7NeonDragon9000Posted 4/24/2013 8:46:17 PM
I kind of agree with BigDaddy...

It's great there are more titles coming, but if most of them are of no interest to me, then I'm not really that thrilled.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#8gamemasta114Posted 4/24/2013 8:48:15 PM
Come on new Advance Wars!!!
---
GBA: 2001-2007 R.I.P.
I find myself enjoying grinding on animals. - 1337pwncakes on Rune Factory 3
#9DarthFloatyPosted 4/24/2013 8:51:44 PM
Geez. I already want like 8ish 3DS from the last Nintendo Direct. If even 1 or 2 more unannounced games appeal to me, then I'll be buying more games than I ever have before in this year by far.
#10NeonDragon9000Posted 4/24/2013 8:52:40 PM
gamemasta114 posted...
Come on new Advance Wars!!!

I would love this and a new 2D Metroid.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe