Have you ever felt sorry for a video game character?

#141Robur1985Posted 4/25/2013 11:59:22 PM
Hmmm....Aeris from FF7 and Vivi from FFIX were the first characters I actually felt something for in general, I played those games quite early on in my gamer career(? not that playing earns money or anything haha)

But since then there has been a plethora of characters. I think most gamers will have felt a range of emotions for characters, that's the point isn't it? To engage consumers in a story, an emotional journey as they play.
---
GamerTag : Robur1985
Carpe Noctum ~ Carpe Diem
#142Aarosmashguy27Posted 4/25/2013 11:59:47 PM
Ethan Mars from heavy rain. JAAAAAASON!
#143MegaWentEvilPosted 4/26/2013 12:06:51 AM
I have to agree with you on that one wholeheartedly ;)

Not me, though. To me, Mario and Luigi are EQUALLY great.
#144VideoGamer1990Posted 4/26/2013 12:21:05 AM
I don't think I'll have to say some of them, since some were already answered by other people.

I'm really surprised no one mentioned Layton or Luke from Unwound Future. Some other characters I felt sad for were a number of characters from Final Fantasy Tactics(like Ramza, Delita, Ovelia and Wiegraf), the three helper characters from Guild Wars 2, and etc. I especially felt sorry for Astrea from Demons Souls and Medon from Shining Force III.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 52
#145Fish_Soup_64Posted 4/26/2013 12:31:18 AM
The Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time
---
"Heaven Blesses Hard Work!" The name 'Nintendo' translated
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken". Oscar Wilde
#146AkaneJonesPosted 4/26/2013 1:41:13 AM
Dela Delon(Alexis in English) from Brandish series. I mean she chases after you(Ares/Varik) because you killed her master(clearly it already apparent she has poor luck in who to train under), but that doesn't go so well and ends up causing both of you to fall into the giant pit maze dungeon that is the game. Now I wouldn't say her luck gets any better, every time she catches up to you she spectacularly fails to get her fight by triggering on of the dungeon traps every time. In the end she has such rotten luck that you literally have to chose to save her or not, seems kind of cruel to letter die to some headless jerks. Oh but it doesn't end there in the second game, she still proves her bad luck and goes and gets possessed...

I've been wondering how that works out in Dela mode on the PSP remake, did they just switch Ares & Dela's situation? Could have been more odd with Jinza mode, though. What's he going to do explain what he was doing in the dungeon and fighting you? Then every exposition is his theme instead of Dela's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_Rq2JqRug&list=PL35BA49CE34A82CB0&index=18
Only to spring a trap on himself before either Ares & Dela realize he's there, nah...
#147MettanAtemPosted 4/26/2013 2:45:32 AM
Marona from Phantom Brave.
Due to her ability to see and summon phantoms, she's earned a reputation as being "possessed". This reputation has lead many to fear and hate her, even though she's actually a nice girl.
#148Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/26/2013 3:31:22 AM(edited)
Helmaroc from Wind Waker. He's practically helpless and he cries. Having to kill him really hurt my enjoyment of the game.

If you think about it he wasn't all that bad. Oddly enough, pretty much everything he did was vital for saving the Great Sea. He was the first amazing thing you see in the game, and from inspiring the start of the journey, revealing the face of the evil threatening the Great Sea, uniting Link with King of Red Lions, and only standing in Link's way (literally, he just blocks the way forward and doesn't attack aside from shaking the ground if you get too close at one point) when you're about to take on Ganondorf with a weapon that can't hurt him, it's hard for me not to suspect that he wasn't even really an enemy.

Some of the things seen in Skyward Sword make me think that Helmaroc and the kargarocs could be loftwing decedents. In particular, comparing the voice of Zelda's loftwing in the beginning of the game after rescuing Link with Helmaroc when stuck, how both loftwings and Helmaroc have a tendency to crash into things (the loftwings into eachother over Skyloft, and Helmaroc into the tower walls), and the similarity between Helmaroc's crest and Groose's loftwing's crest (Groose is believed by some to be the ancestor of the Gerudo people and Ganondorf).
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR