CONFIRMATION: Nintendo are still going to E3 2013 this year, new presentation

#11wisemiddsPosted 4/25/2013 8:02:26 AM
Can't wait to see Pikmin 3 which will be out sometime this year, lol.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#12adampeltzPosted 4/25/2013 8:08:53 AM
Jumpmandk posted...
Their "direct" shows are much better than the one big show pre E3 anyways. Direct can be done many times a year, and can be done under a controlled environment. Having that show at the kodak theater was a waste of time and money. The direct show does the same thing, and cost them next to nothing.

They would show hardware and games that may or may not be demo'd properly and in turn, puts fans and consumers off. With direct, they can make sure all systems and games are showed in a controlled way and in the best possible light.

Last years E3 pre show sucked, and then within a few weeks they killed with their direct show. No reason to stick to this old method of presentation. Times they are a' changing!

While I agree that Nintendo Direct is a superior format to share news throughout the year, I think there's still a big reason to have a strong E3 showing. Nintendo should try to use it as an opportunity to steal some of the thunder away from Microsoft and Sony's presentations. Why not try to steal some of the spotlight?

Also, tradition does play a factor. We all know this is the most fun event of the year. Why not be festive about it? E3 occasionally sucks... but we all have fond memories of many great announcements, presentations, and demos throughout the past 2 decades. Nintendo Direct presentations don't feel nearly as fun as reading about E3 from your favorite videogame news websites, and getting more objective impressions from people who attend.

E3 generates a buzz on that Nintendo Direct doesn't simply because its an industry-wide event where everyone who attends writes about their different experiences, rather than a one hour video where everyone experiences the same exact thing in their web browser. Why fight it?
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#13JumpmandkPosted 4/25/2013 8:22:32 AM
adampeltz posted...
Jumpmandk posted...
Their "direct" shows are much better than the one big show pre E3 anyways. Direct can be done many times a year, and can be done under a controlled environment. Having that show at the kodak theater was a waste of time and money. The direct show does the same thing, and cost them next to nothing.

They would show hardware and games that may or may not be demo'd properly and in turn, puts fans and consumers off. With direct, they can make sure all systems and games are showed in a controlled way and in the best possible light.

Last years E3 pre show sucked, and then within a few weeks they killed with their direct show. No reason to stick to this old method of presentation. Times they are a' changing!

While I agree that Nintendo Direct is a superior format to share news throughout the year, I think there's still a big reason to have a strong E3 showing. Nintendo should try to use it as an opportunity to steal some of the thunder away from Microsoft and Sony's presentations. Why not try to steal some of the spotlight?

Also, tradition does play a factor. We all know this is the most fun event of the year. Why not be festive about it? E3 occasionally sucks... but we all have fond memories of many great announcements, presentations, and demos throughout the past 2 decades. Nintendo Direct presentations don't feel nearly as fun as reading about E3 from your favorite videogame news websites, and getting more objective impressions from people who attend.

E3 generates a buzz on that Nintendo Direct doesn't simply because its an industry-wide event where everyone who attends writes about their different experiences, rather than a one hour video where everyone experiences the same exact thing in their web browser. Why fight it?

I agree that the E3 presentation was good for "hype", but in the long run, Nintendo really hasn't had that many great pre E3 Moments(last year sucked BIG time). I think much like most of the world, funds are tighter than they used to be and sitting up for a HUGE presentation at a theater is just not a sound use of those funds.

At the end of the day, the only people who really care one way or the other, are the hardcore audience. Nintendo needs to be doing things at this point that talk to the consumers who have no interest in the WiiU(which is a HUGE amount).

Sony just had a big reveal for PS4 and Microsoft is debuting the 720(?) weeks before E3, so how much thunder do you really expect the other big players to show at E3? Everyone seems to be opting out of doing their BIG reveals at E3 for obvious reasons. Why should Nintendo hang on to something, that all the major players seem to be giving up?
#14MagiusNecrosPosted 4/25/2013 8:26:02 AM
Nintendo Direct is better off. They are announced out of nowhere and creates masses of hype and doesn't simmer for a few months when these directs happen in a few hours to at most a week. Which causes many to talk about it to other people and gaming news sites.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board