Nintendo eShop Doesn't take my VISA Debit!! T___T

#31Mistercheese417Posted 4/25/2013 3:24:55 PM(edited)
I use a Visa debit/check card in the eShop and it accepts it. Not sure what could be wrong with yours, TC. I would just triple check the info you entered just in case.
#32PlaysaverPosted 4/25/2013 3:45:07 PM
Alias_Nemesis posted...
"your CREDIT CARD information is incorrect. Please check carefully the information". happened 26 times already.

DARN IT! Its a VISA Debit card! VISA! V--I-S-A-! I can easily buy stuff on amazon with it IDENTIFYING it as a VISA!

Dang....Anyone having the same problem?

P.S

Yes, when i select the VISA option in the "Add Funds", I choose VISA and input my card number, Sec. Code and Postal Code with a new password. I think the eShop only accepts ,literally, CREDIT cards.

Darn, then what's with all those people tho posted about VISAS debits working and mine isn't!?

Maybe your not in putting the zip code right. It has to match the zip code that the bank has on file for that card. I've used my debit visa many times. I know that some people use a different zip code to say what region they are in, to avoid some tax, but that is done in a different way from using your visa debit or credit card.
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 4/25/2013 3:53:56 PM
Playsaver posted...
Alias_Nemesis posted...
"your CREDIT CARD information is incorrect. Please check carefully the information". happened 26 times already.

DARN IT! Its a VISA Debit card! VISA! V--I-S-A-! I can easily buy stuff on amazon with it IDENTIFYING it as a VISA!

P.S

Yes, when i select the VISA option in the "Add Funds", I choose VISA and input my card number, Sec. Code and Postal Code with a new password. I think the eShop only accepts ,literally, CREDIT cards.

Darn, then what's with all those people tho posted about VISAS debits working and mine isn't!?

Maybe your not in putting the zip code right. It has to match the zip code that the bank has on file for that card. I've used my debit visa many times. I know that some people use a different zip code to say what region they are in, to avoid some tax, but that is done in a different way from using your visa debit or credit card.

Canada doesn't use "Zip Codes", we use "Postal Codes".
#34Alias_Nemesis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 5:58:26 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Playsaver posted...
Alias_Nemesis posted...

P.S

Canada doesn't use "Zip Codes", we use "Postal Codes".

Eitherway, the man does make a solid point. I contacted Nintedo Customer Support by email and they said its 80% probable that my Postal Code isn't what the bank has on file. I dont really understand why because i've been living in ONE home for the past 15 years. Its not like i lived somewhere else with a difderent Postal Code. Either way, i will give CIBC a call today. I will come back and tell you all helpful gameFaqs users what has happened.
---
PSN:Gilthas_Grear {Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (PC), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) & Persona 4: Golden (PSVita)}
http://i.imgur.com/MFoMbIT.gif