They shouldn't call this year the Year of Luigi

#1gules222Posted 4/25/2013 11:40:24 AM
I mean, okay so he gets one game he stars in, a DLC expansion and the story of Mario & Luigi 4 is centered around him so it's the Year of Luigi? In my opinion, they should have changed ALL the Mario titles this year to "Luigi" titles.

Luigi Golf: World Tour
Luigi & Mario: Dream Team
Luigi Kart U
Luigi vs. Donkey Kong
Super Luigi U

Now THAT would have been awesome.
---
Currently Playing: Injustice: Gods Among Us, A Link to the Past
Waiting to Play: Pikmin 3, The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Origins, MGSV
#2zinformantPosted 4/25/2013 11:41:09 AM
That would have been silly. Mario has more appeal as a brand than Luigi.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#3gules222(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:42:13 AM
zinformant posted...
That would have been silly. Mario has more appeal as a brand than Luigi.

Only because he is so much more overexposed than Luigi is. If Luigi was given the exact same exposure as Mario, he would have the same appeal. Luigi Revolution!
---
#4zinformantPosted 4/25/2013 11:44:12 AM
According to the Pokémon effect, probably not....
Out of Pokémon X and Y, which is likely to sell more? Most folks agree that it will be X because it is listed first. We tend to hear 'Mario & Luigi' with Luigi being the secondary character. He will always be secondary to Mario, and, even in theory, I could never see a Luigi Revolution!

Wario has it worse...
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#5gules222(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:45:50 AM
zinformant posted...
According to the Pokémon effect, probably not....
Out of Pokémon X and Y, which is likely to sell more? Most folks agree that it will be X because it is listed first. We tend to hear 'Mario & Luigi' with Luigi being the secondary character. He will always be secondary to Mario, and, even in theory, I could never see a Luigi Revolution!

Wario has it worse...

True enough, but with the Pokemon effect, that is pitting two games against each other. If no other "Mario Kart" came out this year except the one titled "Luigi Kart," it would likely sell just as well as "Mario Kart 8" if a Mario Kart companion game wasn't released along with it.
---
#6OoSubaruoOPosted 4/25/2013 12:04:51 PM
I thought the DLC expansion for NSMBU was called Super Luigi Bros U?
#7DarkIVloonPosted 4/25/2013 12:24:39 PM
i said once on Miiverse that Luigi should get his own Wrecking Crew sequel and that his Pink outfit from the original game could be optional.

Luigi's Wrecking Crew

I like it.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!