How does Raccoon Mario fly?

#21ferofaxPosted 4/25/2013 7:08:53 PM
He uses magic dust. A little bit for Mario, a little bit more for Mario, and a little bit more for Mario... until he floats and everything looks super colorful.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#22RajakaiTheBeast(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:17:09 PM
bump
---
Yeah,more spondoli. *Conker's Bad Fur Day*
3DS friend code:4038-6628-0864
#23mahgah91Posted 4/25/2013 7:26:17 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
It's a tanuki thing. Watch Pom Poko and you'll get it. Kinda.

It's not a tanuki thing. The tanuki suit turns you into a statue, which makes sense. The Raccoon tail lets you fly.
#24Darkwing EXEPosted 4/25/2013 8:13:47 PM
mahgah91 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

It's not a tanuki thing. The tanuki suit turns you into a statue, which makes sense. The Raccoon tail lets you fly.

Yes it is. Tanuki is the Japanese name for an animal called a Raccoon Dog. And most legends surrounding them involve using a leaf to perform magic, which include flying and shape-changing. Changing into a statue in the old legends with be like something changing into a lamp-post or a parked car.

As far as Mario is concerned, leaves give him half of a tanuki's power and he needs the suit to gain all of it.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#25NettoSaitoPosted 4/25/2013 9:18:51 PM
In the cartoon the tail spun around like Tails' tail lol
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News and Reviews] - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#26mahgah91Posted 4/25/2013 9:30:47 PM
Darkwing EXE posted...
mahgah91 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

Yes it is. Tanuki is the Japanese name for an animal called a Raccoon Dog. And most legends surrounding them involve using a leaf to perform magic, which include flying and shape-changing. Changing into a statue in the old legends with be like something changing into a lamp-post or a parked car.

As far as Mario is concerned, leaves give him half of a tanuki's power and he needs the suit to gain all of it.

I know what a tanuki is. If you play Super Mario World 3, there's the raccoon tail, which lets you fly, and the tanuki suit, which turns you into a statue. Reasonably I thought there was a difference but I guess not.

Also, it'd be more accurate to call it a raccoon suit/tail if it weren't for Nintendo calling it a tanuki suit/tail. Tanuki tails don't have stripes that band around the tail like that, they have more chaotic stripe patterns. Raccoons are the ones with tail stripes that band around the tail like that.
#27stiggamingcosinPosted 4/25/2013 9:39:17 PM
EngineR2 posted...
Good question, TC. And the answer is quite interesting! You see..-

Carl Wheezer: "Moon, moon moon, spoon, spoon spoon, June, June June, SPITOON, SPITOON, SPITOOOOON!!!!!"

lol
---
some say he invented the word Slender and he gets 20 Achievements just for turning on his xbox all we know is hes not the stig but he is the stigs gaming cousin
#28AkaneJonesPosted 4/26/2013 2:26:46 AM
Now lets question why Luigi's "Tanuki" suit looks more like a "Kitsune" suit. I'll admit both are dogs and both have similar magic leaf and statuary capabilities, but kitsune are more versed in fire. Maybe it's just because Luigi's frame more fits a kitsune.
#29EngineR2Posted 4/26/2013 7:20:44 AM
AkaneJones posted...
Now lets question why Luigi's "Tanuki" suit looks more like a "Kitsune" suit. I'll admit both are dogs and both have similar magic leaf and statuary capabilities, but kitsune are more versed in fire. Maybe it's just because Luigi's frame more fits a kitsune.

Well..-

Carl Wheezer: "Star, Star, Star, you'll go far, far far, can't go by car, car car!"

I had to do it. Seriously, though, the tanuki and kitsune are rivals, somewhat. Mario and Luigi have a history of competing against each other. Recently, it's been for the spotlight(Luigi, from Mario Kart Wii: "Mario Kart! Could'a been Luigi.").

A better example, would be Tom Nook and Crazy Redd. Actually, it's the best example I can think of, at the moment.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#30Boomer_KuwangaPosted 4/26/2013 7:42:11 AM
The same way he gets all his powerups. I mean, come on. Mushrooms? Glowing Stars? Flowers hat make you throw fire? They'e all drugs, man. Last time I ate a glowing smiley star, I tripped balls.
---
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener."