Liberation Maiden or Crimson Shroud

#1servant_saber28Posted 4/25/2013 7:20:58 PM
I believe both games are on sale. Which one would be a better choice?

I love RPGs, but liberation looks really fun too. Though I can't really afford to get both right now.
---
"They're grill virgins. But by the time this day is over, they'll have been taken by the grill and tenderly shown the ways of flavorful meat love"
#2ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/25/2013 7:31:29 PM
Liberation Maiden is fantastic and fun but really short
Crimson Shroud is also good, but its a different type of game, its an RPG designed to be like a table top RPG, all the characters and monsters are figurines with little movement and there is even dice rolling
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#3furygodsPosted 4/25/2013 7:32:36 PM
servant_saber28 posted...

I love RPGs, but liberation looks really fun too. Though I can't really afford to get both right now.

Liberation is fun like some kind of mech shooter but it is very taxing in the story missions...

The Sacrifice drive which you must use in order to clear each stage requires you to rub your touchscreen circular fast. May damage unprotected touchscreens.

5 stages in all, plus superb voice acting!!!!

Crimson is like some kind of turn based board game.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#4NettoSaitoPosted 4/25/2013 7:41:37 PM
furygods posted...

Liberation is fun like some kind of mech shooter but it is very taxing in the story missions...

The Sacrifice drive which you must use in order to clear each stage requires you to rub your touchscreen circular fast. May damage unprotected touchscreens.

About the spoiler. I don't see how that is a problem.

I have no screen protector, and in the past year I've played the following games through on my 3DS.

- The World Ends With You
- Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
- Hotel Dusk
- Last Window (Hotel Dusk's sequel)
- Trace Memory (used the stylus completely)
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Replayed some of Lux Pain (completely used the stylus)
- Liberation Maiden
- Theatrhythm
- as well as a few other completely touch screen based games (although TWEWY is the heaviest one/requires more slashes and movements than any of the other games listed).

I have never scratched my screen, and if you run a cloth over it it looks like new. Really, I don't see how people are damaging their screens when playing touch screen based games....
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News and Reviews] - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#5ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/25/2013 7:43:23 PM
People ruin their screens because they press too hard on them, when its not needed
---
#6furygodsPosted 4/25/2013 8:02:45 PM(edited)
NettoSaito posted...
furygods posted...

About the spoiler. I don't see how that is a problem.

I have no screen protector, and in the past year I've played the following games through on my 3DS.

- The World Ends With You
- Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
- Hotel Dusk
- Last Window (Hotel Dusk's sequel)
- Trace Memory (used the stylus completely)
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Replayed some of Lux Pain (completely used the stylus)
- Liberation Maiden
- Theatrhythm
- as well as a few other completely touch screen based games (although TWEWY is the heaviest one/requires more slashes and movements than any of the other games listed).

I have never scratched my screen, and if you run a cloth over it it looks like new. Really, I don't see how people are damaging their screens when playing touch screen based games....

Well... This was due to past experience that with my Vita, due to excessive cleaning cause I was OCD about it, the screen protector had been scratched right in the middle...

Now I learned that the best thing is to not clean the screen, and that touching it is fine as long as my hands aren't dirty cause the touch marks disappear when you are playing a game >_>

I figured that rubbing my finger on the xl touchscreen that fast (I use the vita screen protector on that too) like that would ought to do some damage over the long run :3

Oh and I use my finger for Liberation cause I think my finger is less deadly than the stylus :3
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#7servant_saber28(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:29:29 PM
I'll go for liberation maiden. Thanks guys.
---
"They're grill virgins. But by the time this day is over, they'll have been taken by the grill and tenderly shown the ways of flavorful meat love"
#8Primum_MobilePosted 4/25/2013 10:05:03 PM
after getting used to KI:U control, liberation maiden's control feel like crap. Maybe that's because i only played it for like an hour.
1st hour of crimson shroud is interesting though. Definitely has that table top rpg feel. but don't know how well it will hold out.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#9ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/25/2013 10:11:51 PM
When I play Kid Icarus I try not to use the touch screen, but I like the controls in liberation maiden
---