Best way to spread Club Nintendo coins?

#11ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/25/2013 8:43:46 PM
the gold prize is normally just a calender for the next year. so the platinum prize is always better pretty much
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#12Sharky8Posted 4/29/2013 9:34:44 AM
They reveal some time in July.

Also, it's not always to best strategy to register only enough to reach platinum. Some of the older games, especially, might no longer be eligible for coins next year. So if you are going to stop at 600, register only the older games first and save some of the newer ones for later. But even with that strategy, the coin value next year will likely decrease.

You need to decide: if you can get 50 coins for a game this year, what if next year it's worth only 30? Would you rather register it now, even if you've already reached platinum, so you can have more coins to get rewards? Or, would you rather wait until next year and register it for fewer coins toward your platinum status?

I always just register everything after I get it. That way, I can maximize the number of coins per purchase.
#13GhetsisPosted 4/29/2013 9:43:10 AM
Emeraldrox posted...
Most of those games in that 8 year span won't be worth any coins.

This is very true. I've registered well over a dozen GC and GBA games, such as Crystal Chronicles and FFV Advance, and though it lets you register them to your CN account, they gives no coin.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?