screen protectors

#1xsabrewulfPosted 4/25/2013 9:54:21 PM
I plan on getting a 3DS XL

are screen protectors needed? I am very careful with my stuff but I am worried about the stylus scratching the screen.

Can the included stylus scratch the screen?
#2furygodsPosted 4/25/2013 9:59:11 PM
If you're like me you might want a screen protector.

Before I got my screen protector, my dreams were haunted by the potential of scratching the screen. Not to mention I was afraid to the point where I couldn't enjoy the xl to its fullest.

After I got my screen protector, it's like a load was off my back ^^
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#3xsabrewulf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 10:01:01 PM
what is the BEST screen protector to buy then?

I assume just one for the bottom screen
#4furygodsPosted 4/25/2013 10:03:04 PM
xsabrewulf posted...

Tbh, I'm not really a good source for the best screen protectors but if you're going to protect the bottom screen, might as well protect the top screen too cause that's just going to bother you later ^^

I personally use the Vita's Screen Protector (cut to fit the bottom screen) cause Gamestop ran out of XL's screen protectors...

The vita's screen protector is pretty high quality and can take lots of stuff (as long as it's not too hardcore).
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#5Dr4G0nZPosted 4/25/2013 10:22:15 PM
I've heard that the bottom part of the 3DSXL can scratch the top screen, so I would get a screen protector for both the bottom screen and the top screen. The best screen protectors are Hori screen protectors (easy to apply, easy to get rid of air bubbles, durable, you can't tell that they're on).
---
Intel i5-3470 || Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 || 8GB GDDR3
#6_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 4/25/2013 10:29:43 PM
furygods posted...
xsabrewulf posted...

Tbh, I'm not really a good source for the best screen protectors but if you're going to protect the bottom screen, might as well protect the top screen too cause that's just going to bother you later ^^

I personally use the Vita's Screen Protector (cut to fit the bottom screen) cause Gamestop ran out of XL's screen protectors...

The vita's screen protector is pretty high quality and can take lots of stuff (as long as it's not too hardcore).

Lol. I second this. I used the Vita's screen protector too, works fine.
I've owned 2 3DS XLs and none of them have gotten the top screen scratched because of the bottom screen, that only happened with regular 3DSs I think.

XLs have a rubber padding that keeps the screens from touching, unless you really press down on it I guess.
---
3DS FC: 3566-2649-5921
BW FC: 3052-7834-7144 | BW2 FC: 4599-7286-8201