Nintendo DIrect was Nintendo's E3

#1Bancario51Posted 4/26/2013 6:30:33 AM
In response to the nay-saying poll of the day.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2DinglesteedPosted 4/26/2013 6:33:04 AM
No, E3 will be Nintendo's E3. Just because they are having several smaller presentations showcasing games doesn't mean they aren't going to E3. They just don't want to bore people with the investor's portion and money charts.

They explicitly said they are having announcements of games coming to the US this year. How is that a bad thing?
---
Playing: MH3U, Phoenix Wright Series, NSMBU, NHL 13, Jade Empire, Luigi's Mansion
#3NeonYoshi11Posted 4/26/2013 5:15:00 PM
uhh..which one ?

They are going to have 1-2 before E3....and another 1-2 After at some point.

That is just how they roll now.
#4smashmaster1111Posted 4/26/2013 6:32:53 PM
I would much rather have a monthly updates through through Nintendo Direct instead of having to wait until E3, GDC, etc. every year. I find Nintendo Directs keep me interested and up to date on future releases for the 3DS and Wii U. Also I always find I'm disappointed with E3 and with the Nintendo Directs my expectations aren't as high.
---
http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/sexophone.swf
http://timh.fobby.net/timh.swf
#5bh7812Posted 4/26/2013 7:08:32 PM(edited)
Quote:No, E3 will be Nintendo's E3. Just because they are having several smaller presentations showcasing games doesn't mean they aren't going to E3. They just don't want to bore people with the investor's portion and money charts.

They explicitly said they are having announcements of games coming to the US this year. How is that a bad thing?

@Dinglesteed

I think what they're doing this year is the best approach to that E3 show. Face it guys, this whole past year they've shown why doing all these announcements through Nintendo direct is brilliant. For one, it can be accessed at any time after its uploaded to each region's Nintendo websites. That cuts out the whole need for people to remember to catch it live at a certain time. Also, everyone's on the same page and knows exactly what was announced instead of this yes it got announced/no it didn't bickering I sometimes see. It's been pretty obvious the direction they wanted to go. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't just skip E3 and announce all their stuff via Nintendo direct instead.

Honestly, there's no need for this friggin E3 show anymore, since we have the Internet. The only ones that really care if that show happens now are die hard gamers and journos just looking for their free yearly trip and booze. That's how I honestly feel. After this E3, Sony, Microsoft, and all their first and third parties need to start emulating nintendo a approach. It's so much easier that way. After this year, scrap the whole E3 show. 20-25 years ago it was necessary and made sense, it doesn't now. It will probably be scrapped in the next few years anyway so everyone else might as well follow Nintendo's lead now.

---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6bcorneliaPosted 4/26/2013 7:10:17 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
No, E3 will be Nintendo's E3. Just because they are having several smaller presentations showcasing games doesn't mean they aren't going to E3. They just don't want to bore people with the investor's portion and money charts.

A thousand times this. Misinformation everywhere.
---
This is an elite pirate