So why's it cool to hate Majora's Mask now?

#1mahgah91Posted 4/26/2013 8:49:38 AM
I've been a fan of MM since its release, and never really saw much praise or criticism or attention in general for it, but suddenly, just because the MM fans got more vocal, people who apparently hate MM have been sprouting up.

On that note, when did it suddenly become cool to hate DK64? I loved it when it came out and I still like it now, but I was browsing Youtube videos and game reviews of DKCR and suddenly everyone's talking about how overrated DK64 was and how bad the game is for being too similar to Banjo-Kazooie.
#2JKSonicPosted 4/26/2013 8:52:34 AM
It's cool to hate it because all the fanboys spamming the boards with their tears of pain since ALttP 2 was announced instead of either a 3D MM or a MM 2. Even people that like or loved MM are hating on it because we're sick of hearing all the whining and all the people putting it up on this untouchable pedestal.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#3SigmaHacielPosted 4/26/2013 8:55:22 AM
Gamefaqs.

That is why.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#4BluesMX90Posted 4/26/2013 9:14:45 AM(edited)
Some people just don't want to believe that there are lots of people who genuinely like Majora's Mask, even if they liked it during its release on the N64. So instead they like to label them as "hipsters" because it's the only thing that seems to make sense to them.
---
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
#5GollyFluffPosted 4/26/2013 9:01:19 AM
i hate it because i thought it was bad
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#6ceedofevilPosted 4/26/2013 9:02:17 AM
People have been doing that before LttP2 was announced. Plus there still hasn't been any confirmation on which game is being remade after the new entry and so, saying that people are hating Majora's Mask, because of the announcement for LttP2, just to piss fans off is just plain idiotic.

As for the topic, not everybody likes the game you like the most. Get over it.
---
An apology for the devil: It must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.
-George Herbert
#7alphame4Posted 4/26/2013 9:03:30 AM
Because Majora's mask is zeldrone bait.

You mention it and they will come.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#8Emperor_ZPosted 4/26/2013 9:07:28 AM
I thought Majora's Mask was always somewhat divisive, mostly due to the 72-hour system
#9Justice_ApolloPosted 4/26/2013 9:10:52 AM
Oh please. MM fanboys have been annoying every since TP was released.
Don't try to act like a poor victim being treated unfairly. The fanbase is annoying and only got much worse with the ALTTP2 announcement.
They hype MM like hell and it's nothing but the worst 3D Zelda ever with by far the worst sale of them with annoying repeatition issues.
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#10mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:14:17 AM(edited)
ceedofevil posted...
People have been doing that before LttP2 was announced. Plus there still hasn't been any confirmation on which game is being remade after the new entry and so, saying that people are hating Majora's Mask, because of the announcement for LttP2, just to piss fans off is just plain idiotic.

As for the topic, not everybody likes the game you like the most. Get over it.

I never said everyone should like MM. But after the talk of wanting a MM remake started, I see MM haters commenting on how bad MM is in a lot more irrelevant places than MM fans talk about how much they like MM. Sure, I'm much happier with a new Zelda than a MM remake, but it's really been only a dozen or less users saying they'd rather have a MM remake, but MM haters take any opportunity they can to s*** on MM as if it's just a terrible game.

There's a difference between a game being terrible and you not liking the game. For example, the LA/Oracles topic, someone mentions how terrible MM is for no reason, despite knowing how easily that kind of statement starts flame wars.

And look at your post. You're easily the most hateful person in this topic so far, and the only one who seems to dislike MM. Why can't you people just chill out?

Justice_Apollo posted...
Oh please. MM fanboys have been annoying every since TP was released.
Don't try to act like a poor victim being treated unfairly. The fanbase is annoying and only got much worse with the ALTTP2 announcement.
They hype MM like hell and it's nothing but the worst 3D Zelda ever with by far the worst sale of them with annoying repeatition issues.

Oh wait, now there's this one. Instead of a civil topic, MM haters storm in and start throwing around insults immediately. That's my problem with MM haters, not the fact that they hate MM.