So why's it cool to hate Majora's Mask now?

#131WindWaker08Posted 4/26/2013 7:06:12 PM
had to throw my list in here.

1:OoT
2:WW (of course :D)
after this point its hard to decide, I liked mm tp and ss. but if I had to put them in order, TP, SS, MM. Havent had a chance to play mm as y cartridge was stolen :_(
---
My ammo is made of crayons *shoots* whys your blood purple *shoots* now its blue :D
#132Justice_ApolloPosted 4/26/2013 7:11:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#133bcorneliaPosted 4/26/2013 7:18:57 PM(edited)
Rama_III posted...
Uh huh. Keep attempting to trivialize a serious issue a huge amount of people had with condescension and insults. I thought you might be worth arguing maturely with...hopefully nobody else makes the same mistake.

If you're going to (ironically) trivialize my claims as insults then you're neither mature nor worth arguing with. You're just regurgitating the same nonsense I've seen before, anyways.
---
This is an elite pirate
#134MercuriusPhiPosted 4/26/2013 7:32:13 PM
I was told it was because Link to the Past is best Zelda.

Clearly not true, as Minish Cap is best Zelda with Majora's Mask taking 2nd.
#135sebastianscottPosted 4/26/2013 8:58:29 PM
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-message-of-majoras-mask/
---
For a scream, it seemed to lack a sense of urgency.
-Faize: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope http://raptr.com/badge/a98017a96295089cd5892720f081b1fe/fs.png
#136mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:00:48 PM
P00DGE posted...
Anema1986 posted...
i hate it because it lack the main reason of zelda games, DUNGEONS, at least is not nearly as bad as minish cap and his stupid 80% of the game called kinstone quest

Wind Waker is an often loved game, but it only had 5 dungeons. That is just one more dungeon than Majora's Mask.

Aside from the game dripping with personality, and having amazing sidequests, it also has great pre-dungeon exploration, that don't drag on too long but also provide great substance. The Pirate Fortress, Deku Palace and Ikana Castle are 3 examples of terrific areas you had to explore before gaining access to the dungeons. I really like how well the "padding" was designed in between the dungeons in MM. Many Zelda games seem to either bog that "padding" time down with droll cutscenes and narrative, shallow fetch quests or long pathing, or are extremely short with barely any content in between. The material between each dungeon was PERFECT.

To be fair, two dungeons were cut out that are likely going to be put back in WW HD.
#137CosmoKramer4700Posted 4/26/2013 9:27:41 PM
Majora's Mask is personally my favorite Zelda....

for me it goes

1. Majora's Mask
2. Wind Waker
3. Twilight Princess
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Minish Cap
6. A Link to the Past
7. Skyward Sword
8. Link's Awakening
9. Spirit Tracks
10. Phantom Hourglass
11. Four Swords
12. The Legend of Zelda
13. Zelda II

I haven't played the Oracle games yet. Really looking forward to them going up on the E Shop next month!

Honestly, to me there are no bad Zelda games. I definitely prefer the 3D games to the 2D ones, but MM and OoT were my introduction to the series. I never played ALttP even though I had a SNES.

I couldn't really get into the NES Zelda games, so I've never actually finished either of them. A few dungeons in and that was about as far as I got.

Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass weren't bad. I actually thought some of the things in those games were pretty neat. I wished you could sail freely in PH like in TWW, but that's really a minor gripe. The Temple of the Ocean King was a little too much of a hassle for me. I much preferred the Tower of Spirits in ST because it let you skip the segments you had already completed.

Skyward Sword wasn't bad and I did enjoy the controls to an extent. You need to have the right set up though because I was playing on a smaller TV and the motion controls often were thrown off by not being in the exact right position in front of the TV. The controls are actually the least of my concerns though. While the story and characters of SS were the most engaging I feel like the world of the game was one of the least immersive. Skyloft felt really empty to me, aside from the one main island. I just expected the sky islands to be a lot closer to the Great Ocean in The Wind Waker. While each of the main locations in Skyward Sword were pretty intricate, I feel like the fact that they were completely disconnected made it feel like the world was much smaller.

Zelda is my favorite series and I can't say there are any games I haven't enjoyed.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#138Rasen543Posted 4/26/2013 10:02:54 PM
Nobody on this board seems to understand

Popularity Cycle:
Work is hated at launch ->Cult Classic->Fan favorite->Hipster backlash->Work hated again->Repeat

MM just entered the hipster backlash phase.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#139P00DGEPosted 4/26/2013 10:10:15 PM
mahgah91 posted...
P00DGE posted...
Anema1986 posted...
i hate it because it lack the main reason of zelda games, DUNGEONS, at least is not nearly as bad as minish cap and his stupid 80% of the game called kinstone quest

Wind Waker is an often loved game, but it only had 5 dungeons. That is just one more dungeon than Majora's Mask.

Aside from the game dripping with personality, and having amazing sidequests, it also has great pre-dungeon exploration, that don't drag on too long but also provide great substance. The Pirate Fortress, Deku Palace and Ikana Castle are 3 examples of terrific areas you had to explore before gaining access to the dungeons. I really like how well the "padding" was designed in between the dungeons in MM. Many Zelda games seem to either bog that "padding" time down with droll cutscenes and narrative, shallow fetch quests or long pathing, or are extremely short with barely any content in between. The material between each dungeon was PERFECT.

To be fair, two dungeons were cut out that are likely going to be put back in WW HD.

Wat makes you think that is likely? The two dungeons in question were likely unfinished/unpolished, and the game is not a remake, but a rerelease. Nintendo has never before added dungeons in their rereleases
#140Virtue777Posted 4/26/2013 10:31:51 PM
Hipsters will be hipsters. They hate whatever the majority love, and the majority of gamefaqs voted MM as game of the decade.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382