So why's it cool to hate Majora's Mask now?

#41CyhortI82Posted 4/26/2013 11:58:28 AM
GollyFluff posted...
i hate it because i thought it was bad

This. The worst Zelda game I ever played.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#42kingjam1Posted 4/26/2013 12:02:20 PM
SS4kronos33 posted...
"So why's it cool to hate Majora's Mask now?"

simple answer.................

its because everyone who hates it is a Ocarina of Time fanboy.

also the way i see it why should this one game be released more than the others in the franchise??? if i had a cd-i ithink i would rather play those 3 zelda games more than OoT

Why would they release the worst selling 3D Zelda instead of the most popular one? It's fine to hate OOT but I don't think you know how bad the Cdi titles are.
---
Can't think of anything
#43notjustinPosted 4/26/2013 12:05:00 PM
OoT was the best MM cant touch it no way no how. MM is even a dumb idea that didnt work that well in OoT. so i dont understand the love for MM when Oot was made the same time and so much better. Tp wasnt as good as Oot and Sky was maybe even worse. they need to grow the game up Oot was pretty dark for the time. not D2 dark but dark. theres too much hand holding kills the gaming exp. i liked the first zelda game better i dont wanna be a dog i dont want to be a drawling on a wall stop the dumb stuff just a sword and sheld cave and boss all day long Oot best game ever
#44imthestuntmanPosted 4/26/2013 12:05:16 PM
Im going to buy majoras mask on the virtual console for wii. I dont need it graphically redone, i dont give a damn about graphics if a game is still fun.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#45imthestuntmanPosted 4/26/2013 12:11:43 PM
notjustin posted...
OoT was the best MM cant touch it no way no how. MM is even a dumb idea that didnt work that well in OoT. so i dont understand the love for MM when Oot was made the same time and so much better. Tp wasnt as good as Oot and Sky was maybe even worse. they need to grow the game up Oot was pretty dark for the time. not D2 dark but dark. theres too much hand holding kills the gaming exp. i liked the first zelda game better i dont wanna be a dog i dont want to be a drawling on a wall stop the dumb stuff just a sword and sheld cave and boss all day long Oot best game ever

Twilight princess was well paced, had great variety, and had a fun tone if a little dark.

Ocarina of time was good, but i see twilight princess as just a better version, this coming from someone who for years called oot the best game ever made. If you played the gc version of tp that us, not the wii one.

Majoras mask was kinda its own thing, though quite fun in its own unique way. Its not entirely comparable.

Wind waker may be the best of the bunch, it just had that awesomeness factor to it and was so unique.

Skyward sword was the worst of the console ones since oot.

I would rank them this probably:

Twilight princess
Wind waker
Ocarina of time
Majoras mask
Skyward sword.

Majoras mask i have trouble placing because it is just such a different game. Though the first 4 areall fairly close, there is a huge gap in my mind to skyward sword.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#46P00DGEPosted 4/26/2013 12:12:49 PM
Because it is MM's time now. Like all Zelda games before, and like all games after it will see, once a Zelda game reaches about 10-15 years of existence, it becomes "trandy" to hate on it. People love to give the older Zelda titles a hard time.

Soon enough, Wind Waker will fall out of style again, and Twilight Princess will see nothing but praise. Soon after that Twilight Princess will be criticized by everyone, and SS weill see nothing but praise. And so on and so on.

Dumb people like to hate on older games in the series... it is like clockwork.
#47P00DGEPosted 4/26/2013 12:16:14 PM
SS4kronos33 posted...
"So why's it cool to hate Majora's Mask now?"

simple answer.................

its because everyone who hates it is a Ocarina of Time fanboy.

as much as i like every zelda game i like MAJORAS MASK way better than Ocarina of Time.that game has been released to death personally.as much as i like MM,a sequel to ALttP is great.i really loved that game back in the day.i own every zelda game there is and as much as i like the franchise Ocarina of Time is the one i dont really care for,not anymore.i have every variation of the game from the N64 to 3DS except for the wii VC release.

the way i see it if nintendo was going to rerelease this game they should have released Majoras Mask right along with it instead of one thats been released numerous times before.ocarina of time is not all that.ground breaking for its day YES,other than that its nothing special anymore.also the way i see it why should this one game be released more than the others in the franchise??? if i had a cd-i ithink i would rather play those 3 zelda games more than OoT

This is a pretty unfounded accusation. Me, along with alot of people I know, are HUGE fans of OoT, but we all still enjoy MM as well. As far as I can tell, alot of people who like OoT or MM usually like the other as well. The N64 games have alot of similarities, and people tend to either like (majority) the N64 take on Zelda, or hate (minority) it.
#48CressetPosted 4/26/2013 12:21:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49Ray_d2nerdPosted 4/26/2013 12:22:48 PM
@ kinneth:
I don't know why it bothered me so much honestly.
I just somehow didn't like it.
It's not a bad game imo, i just didn't get to into it.

And i'd like to know why i was modded.
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.
#50P00DGEPosted 4/26/2013 12:24:26 PM
imthestuntman posted...
notjustin posted...

Twilight princess was well paced, had great variety, and had a fun tone if a little dark.

Ocarina of time was good, but i see twilight princess as just a better version, this coming from someone who for years called oot the best game ever made. If you played the gc version of tp that us, not the wii one.

Majoras mask was kinda its own thing, though quite fun in its own unique way. Its not entirely comparable.

Wind waker may be the best of the bunch, it just had that awesomeness factor to it and was so unique.

Skyward sword was the worst of the console ones since oot.

I would rank them this probably:

Twilight princess
Wind waker
Ocarina of time
Majoras mask
Skyward sword.

Majoras mask i have trouble placing because it is just such a different game. Though the first 4 areall fairly close, there is a huge gap in my mind to skyward sword.

Eh, see I thought Twilight Princess was poorly paced and often dull... both in gameplay, world and story. I never felt like the world was TRULY in peril. Even when the giant pyramid dome thing appeared over the castle... most people in the world just continued with their lives as normal. There was no repercussions for all the bad things happening in the world. At least in OoT, Hyrule town was DESTROYED, and the future was grim... it actually had weight to it. In TP it was "business as usual". And the pacing was all over the place in the game. The first half, all the way up until you finish the Arbiters Grounds is quite good. The dungeons are interesting, the pace is about even from dungeon to dungeon... but then the game takes a nosedive. Everything starts feeling out of place, dungeon design and execution feels rushed (and have horrible themes, especially the godawful Sky City). It almost feel like the second half of TP is a different game... like some kind of poorly made Zelda spin off.

Also, I have the Gamecube version. While I do find that it is WAY better than the Wii version, I still don't think TP have much on OoT. It just feels so derivative and meh in comparison. It is lacking in soul. Wind Waker had a TON of soul. So did Majora's Mask. Even OoT felt more alive than TP, and I would say that OoT's biggest flaw was how impersonal alot of stuff was.

Overall:
1.OoT
2.MM (close second)
3.WW
4.TP
5.SS

I do agree that SS is the worst of the bunch.