wait... LTTP2's paper gimmick IS integral to the game :(

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 4/26/2013 11:29:37 AM
or so Reggie seems to imply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA&feature=youtu.be&t=36m21s

"This new mechanic will play a key role in solving puzzles in the game"

whyyyyy? why can't it be only one dungeon
#2Kinneth123Posted 4/26/2013 11:31:20 AM(edited)
Because it's the game's central gimmick, like how Minish Cap had you shrink or Oracle of Seasons made you change the seasons.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#3Phantom_NookPosted 4/26/2013 11:30:54 AM
You mean the feature that was a big part of the trailer is part of the whole game? What a shock.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#4TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:32:24 AM
There's nothing particularly wrong with a gimmick, but why should a sequel to LttP feature gimmicks like this? LttP is about exploration and combat. If you want another gimmick zelda, call this "Legend of Zelda: the Folding Fairy Boy" or something
#5Kinneth123Posted 4/26/2013 11:33:56 AM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
There's nothing particularly wrong with a gimmick, but why should a sequel to LttP feature gimmicks like this? LttP is about exploration and combat. If you want another gimmick zelda, call this "Legend of Zelda: the Folding Fairy Boy" or something

Because if it didn't have a gimmick it would be too similar to the original.

Personally I think since they have the capability now, they should do the Past/Future thing they were going to do with Lttp in the first place.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#6brigadier_101Posted 4/26/2013 11:35:57 AM
It's not paper...
---
My reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter (Nintendo 3DS)
#7TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:36:13 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...

Personally I think since they have the capability now, they should do the Past/Future thing they were going to do with Lttp in the first place.

.. then how is this a sequel?
#8Kinneth123Posted 4/26/2013 11:37:31 AM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Kinneth123 posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...

.. then how is this a sequel?

Because it's not the first one.

Since they didn't use the feature in the first one, using it now wouldn't make it a remake.
---
#9KillingHarderPosted 4/26/2013 11:38:46 AM
This makes me so mad! Almost as mad as when I heard that in WW you would have a boat gimmick and in SS they would have a flying gimmick! Still it brings back more fury to learn that they changed Limit Breaks in Final Fantasy IX into trances! I think people need to learn what GIMMICK means.

/sarcasm.
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#10mahgah91Posted 4/26/2013 12:00:35 PM
I don't get it, what's the big problem with the gimmick?