wait... LTTP2's paper gimmick IS integral to the game :(

#61SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/27/2013 3:16:42 PM
With a gimmick, its impact matters alot.

Take OoT's time traveling for instance: it impacted the story, but it didn't impact the gameplay. By far most Zelda fans play the games for the gameplay rather than the story, so complains were incredibly rare.

Or Ezlo in The Minish Cap for instance: it impacted the gameplay, but what exactly did it do? 99/100 times, its use had no impact, as in those cases you immediately entered dungeons and such where it looked like you were big again.
#62Crimson10BladesPosted 4/27/2013 3:20:59 PM
IMO the wall drawing mechanic has potential to be very innovative.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#63ZeroArcheryPosted 4/27/2013 4:09:12 PM
Marsford posted...
I really like it. So yay for me?

UGH ITS THIS TROLL AGAIN.

So tired of his reasoning and forthought.

Please go somewhere else with that "I like giving things a fair shot" attitude.

God, this board.

/friendprivilages.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#64kaliskonigPosted 4/28/2013 12:04:19 AM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
kaliskonig posted...
Kudos to the two people in this board who didn't drop the G-Word.

Why? Gimmick isn't a bad word. It's a synonym with feature or mechanic. I use the word gimmick whether it's bad or good.

no i just found it funny it was in nearly every post is all lol.
#65bartz90Posted 4/28/2013 2:20:27 AM(edited)
Zanimar posted...
I find it funny people complain about Zelda games having "gimmicks" when Zelda has had a "gimmick(s)" in every single game since Zelda 2

Zelda: LA - Requiring a key of some sort to open each dungeon

That is not a thing like anything else on the rest of that list. You should've just noted that you couldn't think of anything for LA. I couldn't either.

Not every dungeon needed a key, it was 5 out of 8. It was the first Zelda to let you jump. That's something I suppose.
---
-
#66Master XPosted 4/28/2013 2:39:26 AM
It'd be so funny if this game's "integral feature" was also used as it's "location warp" feature. Basically, he turns into a scroll and is delivered by the Zelda game's postman to any number of post boxes dotted about the map.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#67jedinatPosted 4/28/2013 2:48:55 AM
Wow, it's obviously not a "paper gimmick". It's like he turns into an Egyptian mural or cave man painting, or whatever.

Obviously they were going to insert the "3D" mechanic somehow into the first original Zelda 3DS game. This may look out of place at first glance, but just examine it with an open mind a bit more. It's a fairly interesting perspective changing mechanic. And we don't know that we've seen all there is to see in regards to it.
#68jedinatPosted 4/28/2013 2:57:27 AM(edited)
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
kaliskonig posted...
Kudos to the two people in this board who didn't drop the G-Word.

Why? Gimmick isn't a bad word. It's a synonym with feature or mechanic. I use the word gimmick whether it's bad or good.

In a way it implies a certain dishonesty, I think. Or that the aim is attention/sales over creating a quality product. The word connotates deception.

It really isn't a synonym of feature or mechanic.