Youtube

#41n00bsaib0tPosted 4/28/2013 9:01:09 AM
Ellustrian posted...
parKb5 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Nnamz posted...
The app support on this system is abysmal. I'm glad there's actually games to play on this thing this year, because there's literally no other reason to ever turn it on or keep it in your hands while not gaming.

Man, you mean the use of the gaming system isn't to game? Damn, the 3DS should start taking notes from the Vita then...

I love answers like this.

They feel outraged that anyone expects to do anything but game on a gaming console, but had them a cell phone and they expect it to cook their breakfast for them.

Welcome to 2013 where we expect our electronic devices to be able to serve multiple purposes, if you don't like it, go back to the 90's.

I expect my phone, computer, and gaming devices to work best for their main functions. Other apps are just a bonus. Social media is now starting for get so idiotically integrated from people like you, though, that now Sony will have that Share button on their controller to upload everyone's terrible gameplay. I hope you're happy, because your extreme desire for everything to do everything is going to make this generation have a oversaturated gaming YouTube.

Not every option is good.

That's different. If you can't see the difference between Sony trying to force social networking and an app to simply check your Facebook messages and update your status (just like the phone apps) then you're beyond hope. Expecting a device advertised as a multipurpose device to be a multipurpose device isn't a bad thing.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#42TakayaNorikoPosted 4/28/2013 9:14:42 AM
Clearly the only app that the 3DS needs is the Arguing-On-GameFAQs app. It's the only one that'll see any use.
---
I ate a bear once, you know.
#43NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 9:27:16 AM
Baha05 posted...
Again it wouldn't be up to Nintendo as they would have to pay something to the owners of Youtube, making an app for Youtube could just be really bad without permission.

Do you even understand how these things work?

Nintendo will pay a small fee to google for them to develop the application and get it on 3DS. They aren't going to randomly put it up without their permission and get into legal trouble.

Jesus....you're going from foolish excuse to foolish excuse to find any reason to justify why it isn't on 3DS. You're pathetic........

On top of that Nnamz is being petty even after his initial posts, so again it's him being petty, even more so with his car post and the post after that.

petty petty petty petty......

That's all you've got huh?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#44Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 11:28:17 AM
Nnamz posted...
Do you even understand how these things work?

Nintendo will pay a small fee to google for them to develop the application and get it on 3DS. They aren't going to randomly put it up without their permission and get into legal trouble.

Jesus....you're going from foolish excuse to foolish excuse to find any reason to justify why it isn't on 3DS. You're pathetic........

petty petty petty petty......

That's all you've got huh?

Then there you have it, if it ever comes out it'll come out, until then putting down the system is a stupid reason.

Also yes you are petty, or did your last two posts targeted at me were meant to be serious? (You car example was so bad it's not even funny)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#45Linkin-Park_Posted 4/28/2013 12:09:12 PM
I agree with Nnamz about the 3DS needing more apps.

Typical Nintendrones automatically say "Lol, Youtube, EA, Call of Duty, third part support, we don't need that crap because we have (Insert 1st party Nintendo game)"

Or the "Why do we need Youtube? I can already do that on my phone". So, you don't need it is the reason why it shouldn't have a YT app? Not everyone has a phone or other media device that can use it, so people would like the option to use it on their 3DS. Don't be so ignorant.

And the "The 3DS is a gaming machine, it doesn't need apps". 1. God forbid it gets a Youtube app. 2. As far as I know, EVERY single gaming console besides the 3DS, has apps, including Youtube. Strictly gaming console's don't exist anymore, they're more like media/entertainment devices. Yes, their main purpose is games, but a lot of people use them for much more than that. People like the ability to play games and visit websites, watch Youtube, go on social media apps, all on one device. Believe it or not, more apps on the 3DS might actually appeal to more people.

No, the 3DS doesn't need apps, but it certainly won't hurt it, like people seem to be making such a fuss about. More options are a good thing, one Youtube app won't kill the machine. Of course a massive amount of apps smothering the EShop wouldn't be good, but a few big apps like Youtube would be nice for the people who want it, and nobody is forced to download it.
---
R.I.P. Dragonballzfan2, Knuckles_Sonic, LPxDBZ. http://i.imgur.com/PiRCN3k.png
http://i.imgur.com/v1qZwjU.gif http://i.imgur.com/bqxC2nF.gif
#46Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 12:12:14 PM
I'm all for options but again, putting down the system simply because it doesn't have a crap tone of apps is stupid. Even ore so given other devices. (And that is a legit point, if you do have other devices, more so phones then there is no real reason why you would want to bother with certain apps)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#47NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 12:32:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
I'm all for options

If you were then this wouldn't be a discussion right now.

but again, putting down

Who is putting the system down?

- 3DS does not have youtube.
- I am disappointed since I want youtube on 3DS.

I'm not taking those 2 statements then concluding that 3DS sucks. I'm saying I want more out of the system. You're just too much of a sensitive fanboy and take any criticism as "putting down the system" and therefore have to damage control it by throwing out comments like "petty".

It's sad really.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#48Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 12:39:41 PM
Nnamz posted...
If you were then this wouldn't be a discussion right now.

Who is putting the system down?

- 3DS does not have youtube.
- I am disappointed since I want youtube on 3DS.

I'm not taking those 2 statements then concluding that 3DS sucks. I'm saying I want more out of the system. You're just too much of a sensitive fanboy and take any criticism as "putting down the system" and therefore have to damage control it by throwing out comments like "petty".

It's sad really.

No, I'm discussing that people shouldn't whine about it not having any extra features.

Also you said it yourself:

"More options = more reason to pick up the system and not put it down. If 3DS had more non-gaming applications, I'd put it down less. It doesn't, so I put it down more."

That's the sign of pettiness, your car example was also VERY petty as ALL newer cars have all those points being STANDARD. You have to look really damn hard to find a new car that is basically broken or you would have to find a used car that is either broken like that or a refurbished old car that doesn't even have most of those features (Like Model-T)

Then your second comment doing that cute little "I'm witty so let me edit this's guys post to make him look like an ass" was also extremely petty.
---
#49TinyTim123Posted 4/28/2013 12:49:38 PM
I'm gonna say this.

I don't want youtube on my 3DS. I haven't bothered to download it on my Vita either.

That having been said, if there is a youtube "app" (and why are they called apps on a gaming system? Why is it cool to call a program or a feature an app now, I swear people) that's fine. It doesn't hurt me, unless it is integrated somehow forcefully (I'm looking at you PS4).

All "apps" are not good. My girlfriend, being sick of my brick of a Sonim phone with just call and text function has given me an android phone (so she can use it when her phone dies). Now the android phone has a Facebook "app" that starts every time I start the phone. I don't use facebook. Even if I uninstall the damn thing, it just comes back every time I turn the phone on.There is no way short of rooting the phone for me to get rid of it, and she flips out if I even suggest rooting the phone.

I don't want to share. I don't need youtube. I don't want my PSN or Nintendo or XBox Live tied to facebook or anything else.

I don't have youtube, twitter or facebook on my Vita, and I am not feeling a loss because of a lack of those "apps".
I think the people who are suffering for lack of them need to reflect on their lives, but if those are added, as long as I am not forced to have them, I'm totally fine.

And I am really REALLY sick of seeing these topics. So, you know, next weekend it will be back, someone complaining about facebook.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#50Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 12:50:52 PM
Because Apps is just a shorter way of saying Application.
---