Youtube

#61wufei8706Posted 4/28/2013 3:19:03 PM
I hope we get this one day. I always fall asleep to Netflix on my 3DS. It'd be cool to have YouTube.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z9ZcFt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TjWlxSW.png
#62NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 3:31:47 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Of those you have listed, when new, Vita did not support it, XBox360 did not support it, PS3 did not support it, iOS did not support it, Wii did not support it.

- I wanted it on 360.
- I wanted it on PS3.
- I wanted it on Vita.
- If I had a Wii I would have wanted it on that too.

And now, they all have it. I'm not chastising 3DS for not having it at launch. I don't care that it didn't have it yesterday. I care that it doesn't have it today, and likely won't tomorrow.

I did not suffer from a lack of it then.

I'm glad.

Regardless, it seems probable that at some point the 3DS will get youtube.

I hope so.

But even if it doesn't does it really hurt you?

It's not about hurt. It's about want. I want to watch youtube videos on my 3DS. I don't want to have to put it down and fetch another device when I already have it in my hands. Does that surprise you so much?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#63Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 3:34:35 PM
Nnamz posted...
#1. You have no idea what petty means.

#2. So all new video game systems don't have youtube as a standard? Funny because:

- PS3 does
- 360 does
- Wii does
- Vita does
- WiiU does
- iOS does
- Android does
- PS4 will
- 720 will

Quite literally, 3DS is the only system made since 2005 that does not support youtube, and you're trying to say it's not a standard? Are you high or something? Every single system supports it. The car example was perfect. Heating, air condition, and automated windows are an industry standard in 2013. So is youtube on a gaming device.

Unbelievable the sheer amount of damage control you manage to pack into every single post.

"B-but Nintendo will get sued if they put in youtube"
"B-but you can just use your phone!"
"B-but.........YOU'RE PETTY!!!!"

1. Of little importance; trivial.
(of behavior) Characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, esp. in a small-minded or spiteful way.

2. If it come it'll come to the 3DS. Whining and being a petty person on Gamefaqs won't solve anything, take it up with Customer Service or make a petition on the Miiverse. Cars are a different best in comparison to electronic devices. A lot of features have been standard for decades in vehicles, more so since what? The 70's?

Also it's not damage control for you last three petty responses at the end:

1. Yes, unofficial use can get them in trouble.
2. If you have another device, like a phone it makes no sense to also have the same apps on the 3DS or to even use those apps.
3. Yes you are beinng really petty, putting down a system for not having the app, 90% of your responses are petty, that **** car example, and going as far as to edit one of my posts to make me look like an ass is PETTY.

Bottom line this is a trivial matter no matter how much you want the app, it's trivial. Your attitude here has been pretty damn spiteful over this tiny matter.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#64serenade_betaPosted 4/28/2013 3:34:56 PM
They said no electronics and you brought your 3DS?
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#65Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 3:36:58 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Of those you have listed, when new, Vita did not support it, XBox360 did not support it, PS3 did not support it, iOS did not support it, Wii did not support it.
I did not suffer from a lack of it then.
The new XBox360 layout is confusing. I had a launch 360 and the forced update... I don't like it. I can live with it, but I don't like it.
I know, "That's just you grandpa Tim! Go back to the 80's!"
Regardless, it seems probable that at some point the 3DS will get youtube.

But even if it doesn't does it really hurt you?

Also this too, when these systems were new they didn't even have dedicated apps to Youtube. In fact I don't think they even got them until around 2010 to 2013.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#66NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 3:53:54 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
1. Of little importance; trivial.
(of behavior) Characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, esp. in a small-minded or spiteful way.

And now look back at what you called "petty". You just called the car example petty. How is the car example characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters? You can (wrongly) try to claim the car example doesn't fit. But instead, you called it petty, because that word is literally your entire pathetic defence.

2. If it come it'll come to the 3DS. Whining and being a petty person on Gamefaqs won't solve anything,

No. It'll come IF and only IF people, on various forums, social media and other outlets voice that they want it. End of story.

Moreover, even if Nintendo was completely deaf to the wants of it's fanbase (which they aren't), people are allowed to voice either concern or discontent about the state of a service or product. Normal people do this, and the only people who get salty about it are fanboys, like you. Look at yourself.

1. Yes, unofficial use can get them in trouble.

To even assume that Nintendo can't do it because they'd "get in trouble" shows you have no idea how things work. AT ALL. You're just desperately looking for an excuse for the system not to have it. OF COURSE Nintendo would get the proper licencing for the app, just like they did with WiiU.

2. If you have another device, like a phone it makes no sense to also have the same apps on the 3DS or to even use those apps.

Yet another stupid attempt at damage control already previously shot down. By this logic, phones shouldn't have youtube since you can use them on your computer. Phones shouldn't have any apps since they should only be used for calls, everything else is extra.

More options > Less options. Just because I can get by using my phone or my Vita doesn't somehow mean I shouldn't also want it on 3DS.

Your whole crusade is laughable. You're literally getting salty about people wanting and industry standard on this device. You're bringing fanboy to a whole new level. Nintendo should really hire you.

EDIT: Also, assuming everyone who owns a 3DS also has a phone capable of playing youtube videos is also stupid. My nephew has a 3DS, and doesn't have a phone or a Vita. He would certainly get a kick out of watching youtube videos on his system. He can't. I guess if he complains about it he's petty too right? Because he's not down on his knees accepting what Nintendo gives him like they are some sort of deity, like you do?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#67XashowdPosted 4/28/2013 4:09:17 PM
If I may interject, I also want YouTube on the 3DS, but for a different reason. I have an iPhone now, and it's not really an inconvenience to pick it up for YouTube or for FAQs for games. Heck, it makes things easier because I can have a FAQ open on the phone and keep playing the Game on my 3DS or PSP. For me, it's about fairness. Literally every other gaming system in the current generation has YouTube on it now. Even the WiiU got it a few weeks after launch. It's unfair to the 3DS to not have YouTube on it. Plus, there are people, albeit a minority, who don't have a smartphone for YouTube usage that do have a 3DS. I'm sure they would appreciate it. There is literally no downside to the 3DS having YouTube. It's not gonna make it less of a gaming system, especially with the sheer lineup of games it's getting this year, so you can't really complain about that. And I get it, wanting something on a system for convenience makes us sound whiny/entitled/etc. I get it. But when literally every other gaming system has something, including gaming systems by the same company, it's just a bit unfair. Oh, and before anyone (besides me) brings up the "3D videos would be too hard/complicated/whatever reason", I honestly don't care. I think there are more of us who want it for watching videos period than for making and sharing 3D videos. They can make a version of YouTube without 3D vids first, and patch it in later if there's enough demand. It's not a selling point, just a useful extra. So please stop complaining about us wanting it. There's no downside, it won't make it less of a gaming system, and as it'll be a separate app, you don't have to get it if you don't want to. The only thing petty here is the constant arguments against it. There's no logical reason for them. So can we please stop bickering like children about it? I know GameFaqs is infamous for it, but we can do better than that. There's no reason to argue against something that can only help. There's no logic behind that kind of argument. Nothing positive, anyways...
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#68Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 4:09:56 PM
Nnamz posted...
And now look back at what you called "petty". You just called the car example petty. How is the car example characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters? You can (wrongly) try to claim the car example doesn't fit. But instead, you called it petty, because that word is literally your entire pathetic defence.

No. It'll come IF and only IF people, on various forums, social media and other outlets voice that they want it. End of story.

Moreover, even if Nintendo was completely deaf to the wants of it's fanbase (which they aren't), people are allowed to voice either concern or discontent about the state of a service or product. Normal people do this, and the only people who get salty about it are fanboys, like you. Look at yourself.

To even assume that Nintendo can't do it because they'd "get in trouble" shows you have no idea how things work. AT ALL. You're just desperately looking for an excuse for the system not to have it. OF COURSE Nintendo would get the proper licencing for the app, just like they did with WiiU.

Yet another stupid attempt at damage control already previously shot down. By this logic, phones shouldn't have youtube since you can use them on your computer. Phones shouldn't have any apps since they should only be used for calls, everything else is extra.

More options > Less options. Just because I can get by using my phone or my Vita doesn't somehow mean I shouldn't also want it on 3DS.

Your whole crusade is laughable. You're literally getting salty about people wanting and industry standard on this device. You're bringing fanboy to a whole new level. Nintendo should really hire you.

EDIT: Also, assuming everyone who owns a 3DS also has a phone capable of playing youtube videos is also stupid. My nephew has a 3DS, and doesn't have a phone or a Vita. He would certainly get a kick out of watching youtube videos on his system. He can't. I guess if he complains about it he's petty too right? Because he's not down on his knees accepting what Nintendo gives him like they are some sort of deity, like you do?

The way you phased it makes it petty, the example itself is also a very terrible example because of the nature of cars. What you described in the example is either a completely old car or a used car that has broken features. Those features on cars aren't extras.

And no, no it won't and even if that was the case then go make complaints on OTHER forums as well and hope Nintendo sees them. Of course that will be making a big deal out of something trivial so!

Also yes they could get in trouble without proper channels though with proper channels either they or Youtube themselves would have to create the app which could take some time. Whining about it here solves nothing.

But hey I can see you are getting far more angry then me apparently by the tone of your post, so have fun with your petty petty little issues and your name calling
---
#69WallydraiglePosted 4/28/2013 4:16:38 PM
It's pretty simple. There's no youtube because they have Netflix. Why give away video entertainment for free when you could be paying for it? Think they're not that greedy? They are. It can't be argued..
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#70Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 4:17:40 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
It's pretty simple. There's no youtube because they have Netflix. Why give away video entertainment for free when you could be paying for it? Think they're not that greedy? They are. It can't be argued..

I'm sorry but the thing is Nintendo isn't getting paid for the Netflix service. Netflix is getting paid for the service.
---