Youtube

#71NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 4:25:45 PM
Baha05 posted...
The way you phased it makes it petty

That not only doesn't make sense, but it proves you're just using the word over and over as a response to any counter argument because you have nothing else.

the example itself is also a very terrible example because of the nature of cars. What you described in the example is either a completely old car or a used car that has broken features.

It doesn't have to be an old or a broken car.

Lets say a new manufacturer makes a new 2014 car. The car has no heating or air conditioning and has roll-up windows. Someone purchasing the car can rightfully complain that the car does not have several industry standards which are available in virtually every car released in 2014.

This example perfectly mirrors the 3DS not having youtube, as every video game system released since 2005 has it except for 3DS. It is as industry standard as you get.

Those features on cars aren't extras.

By your definition, they are. You say video game systems should only play video games, and that everything else is extra. By that logic, a car should only drive, and everything else is extra. A phone should only call people, and everything else is extra.

People are allowed to expect the extra, and be disappointed when they don't get the extra, especially when all the other devices have the extra.

And no, no it won't

Yes, yes it will.

People on forums complain about Cole in Infamous 2 having hair. Sucker Punch removed it.
People on forums complain about balance in fighting games all the times. Then balance patches happen.
People whined for Skype, Netflix, Youtube, Twitter, Foursquare and many other apps on Vita. Vita got them all quickly.

Heck, I was in a thread on Neogaf where somebody was complaining about the aiming in Uncharted 3 and a NAUGHTY DOG employee responded in the thread asking to bring him in for some improvement testing.

Voicing your opinion online has worked hundreds of times.

Also yes they could get in trouble

*facepalm*

Are you really having that much trouble grasping the fact that every company, even Nintendo themselves, have had virtually no legal trouble getting the youtube app on their system? If Nintendo got it on WiiU without getting into trouble, then trouble is not an issue for getting it on 3DS. It's a lame ass excuse that you're desperately clinging to now.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#72XashowdPosted 4/28/2013 4:27:57 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
It's pretty simple. There's no youtube because they have Netflix. Why give away video entertainment for free when you could be paying for it? Think they're not that greedy? They are. It can't be argued..

The other systems, including the WiiU, have both Netflix and YouTube. Don't see the problem here. As a previous poster said, Nintendo isn't getting paid for people using Netflix. And if they were, they wouldn't have YouTube on the WiiU as it would cut into profits gained through Netflix. Also, Netflix and YouTube have largely different content. Netflix has movies and Television shows, the majority of which cannot be found on YouTube due to Copyright reasons. YouTube has user-created content and occasionally trailers and streams by official companies, which Netflix does not have. Thus according to logic, having one on the same system as the other will not hurt either due to the difference in content.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#73Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 4:41:01 PM
1. There will never be a car in 2014 that will have those be extras

2. You car example still doesn't work because those aren't extras, and I'm not expecting video games systems o only play video games but by your logic you make it seem like it would be useless because it doesn't have one app. It's trivial and petty.

3. Again contact Nintendo or show them this site and all the Youtube want topics. I'm pretty sure gamefaqs alone will not bring this minor issue to light, you might need several other forums like those other issues.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#74TiamatKillerPosted 4/28/2013 4:43:11 PM
Given the clunkiness of the 3DS browser, I don't even want to think about trying to untangle the mess that is Youtube + 3DS.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#75NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 5:05:38 PM
Baha05 posted...
1. There will never be a car in 2014 that will have those be extras

EXACTLY, which makes it even more absurd that in 2013 the 3DS does not have youtube. Both netflix and youtube are industry standards. 3DS has one of them, and not the other.

2. You car example still doesn't work because those aren't extras

*yawm*

As I said, they are extras. If they all stop working, does your car still function? Yes? So they're extras. Deal with it.

and I'm not expecting video games systems

No, but what you're doing is attacking people for expecting them to do other things.

3. Again contact Nintendo or show them this site and all the Youtube want topics. I'm pretty sure gamefaqs alone will not bring this minor issue to light, you might need several other forums like those other issues.

It's been brought up on more than gamefaqs. And when you get it I expect a written thank you letter :)
---
#76Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 5:10:40 PM
Nnamz posted...
EXACTLY, which makes it even more absurd that in 2013 the 3DS does not have youtube. Both netflix and youtube are industry standards. 3DS has one of them, and not the other.

As I said, they are extras. If they all stop working, does your car still function? Yes? So they're extras. Deal with it.

No, but what you're doing is attacking people for expecting them to do other things.
It's been brought up on more than gamefaqs. And when you get it I expect a written thank you letter :)

Maybe so but again, the other systems you listed did not launch with Youtube, maybe give it time and we'll see a Youtube app, maybe take the issue to Nintendo. I don't think they are going to think "Hmm let's look at Gamefaqs" for issues on the matter.

And no, those AREN'T extras. A sunroof is extra, having an iPod docking station in the car is extra, having some kind of On Star like device is extra. Windows, working AC, tthe trunk opening are NOT extras unless you are driving an older car that has none or those or a broken car which those aspects of the vehicle ceases to work (And even in that case it's not extra it's broken)

And I'm not attacking people, I'm pointing out that it's petty to complain about it and to put down the system. If anything YOU'RE the one attacking.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#77NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 5:26:20 PM
Baha05 posted...

Maybe so but again, the other systems you listed did not launch with Youtube,

How can you say you're not damage controlling at this point? It's like how Vita users used to point at how 3DS sales lagged at the beginning. Or how 3DS had a crap launch lineup. Those comments are MEANINGLESS now that 3DS sales have picked up and it's building a decent library of games.

I wanted youtube on all those systems when they didn't have them. Now they have them. I want youtube on 3DS. I'm still waiting.

maybe give it time and we'll see a Youtube app, maybe take the issue to Nintendo. I don't think they are going to think "Hmm let's look at Gamefaqs" for issues on the matter.

Nintendo is a large company filled with people who are part of gaming culture. There are people who work for Nintendo who's JOB it is to browse sites and analyse demand for things. Is someone going to here my specific complaint in this topic and then do something about it? Maybe, maybe not. But it's not just me voicing this stance, and they are hearing it, and the more they do, the better. THAT'S how you get more support for your product.

And no, those AREN'T extras.

Yes, those ARE extras BY YOUR OWN LOGIC.

This is your logic:

"A video game system should play video games. Everything else is extra."

You can apply this logic to both phones and computers:

"A car should just drive. Everything else is extra."

"A phone should just make phone calls. Everything else is extra."

Both of these analogies fit perfectly with what you're saying. Gaming is a game device's PRIMARY function, but that doesn't mean that it isn't an industry standard to have certain secondary functions. Driving is a cars PRIMARY function, but that doesn't mean that it isn't an industry standard to have a secondary functions in your car (air conditioning, automated windows, adjustable passenger seating) Phoning is a phones PRIMARY function, but that doesn't mean that it isn't an industry standard to have certain secondary functions on your phone (apps).

The car I'm currently driving has a broken adjustable seat, no heat or air, and the trunk doesn't open. Yet I use it to get to work everyday. It legitimately personifies the point you were trying to make with the 3DS, yet are now backing away from.

And I'm not attacking people, I'm pointing out that it's petty to complain

So you're attacking people. You don't like that I am saying something negative related to something about the 3DS, and you're in attack mode, like you always are. You're white-knighting the system and the company like the good Nintendo-warrior you are, lol.
---
#78Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 5:29:56 PM
Look believe whatever you believe, but don't act like you aren't being petty about it.
---
#79NnamzPosted 4/28/2013 5:51:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
Look believe whatever you believe, but don't act like you aren't being petty about it.

I'm pretty sure that word has lost all meaning by this point.
---