Why is the Wii U getting better Virtual Console support?

#1PangLaPosted 4/26/2013 10:59:54 PM
Shouldn't we have the same games as far as older games goes? It's not like the 3DS can't handle it. SNES and GBA games would look better on the 3DS due to the smaller screen so why are they not releasing on the 3DS? I really want to play Super Mario World... Nintendo piss me off sometime. :(
#2Bancario51Posted 4/26/2013 11:05:39 PM
the same reason its getting SMT x FE
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 4/26/2013 11:06:35 PM
Because that's all it has.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#4LonelyGoombaPosted 4/27/2013 3:09:25 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Because that's all it has.

---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#5ServantOfErieosPosted 4/27/2013 3:12:09 AM
Tactical Nintendo stuff.

People would feel even less compelled to buy a WiiU, if the games were available on 3DS.

Its annoying.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#6Ralala888Posted 4/27/2013 7:12:53 AM
Well, for one, at present the 3DS doesn't have a Super Nintendo VC. It would be great if it did, but it doesn't, so there is no platform to release SMW on it. Also, the 3DS has a ton of VC that the Wii U doesn't, and may not get (The Game Boy and Game Boy Color VCs... and the three Game Gear ones).

I agree that everything should be available on both, and maybe at some point in the future that will happen (with account integration so we don't have to rebuy what we already have) but for the time being Super Mario World is the only VC game Wii U has that 3DS doesn't.
#7parKb5Posted 4/27/2013 8:47:40 AM
Easy.

It is so people will be forced to buy a console that they would never buy otherwise.

It is why EarthBound is coming out for the Wii U but not the 3DS. My only hope is that people don't fall for it and refuse to buy the Wii U so that the game will eventually be released on the 3DS.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#8parKb5Posted 4/27/2013 8:50:38 AM
Ralala888 posted...
Well, for one, at present the 3DS doesn't have a Super Nintendo VC. It would be great if it did, but it doesn't, so there is no platform to release SMW on it. Also, the 3DS has a ton of VC that the Wii U doesn't, and may not get (The Game Boy and Game Boy Color VCs... and the three Game Gear ones).

I agree that everything should be available on both, and maybe at some point in the future that will happen (with account integration so we don't have to rebuy what we already have) but for the time being Super Mario World is the only VC game Wii U has that 3DS doesn't.

How does that explain why the Wii U is getting GameBoy Advance games on its VC when the 3DS has yet to receive any? The Ambassadors got the 10 free GBA games back in 2011, so the GBA VC has existed for the 3DS for almost 2 years, yet they passed up the 3DS for the Wii U.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#9DavCubePosted 4/27/2013 9:21:28 AM
I don't remember when people started wanting the Wii's VC to be ported over to the 3DS. Didn't they separate the two markets for a reason?
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#10IcewitchPosted 4/27/2013 9:22:43 AM
The Wii U needs help in sales, the 3DS is doing fine
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II