Rating the Mario RPGs - Mario & Luigi: Partner's in Time

#11LonelyGoombaPosted 4/27/2013 10:22:15 AM
hands down the worst Mario rpg, but still decent. 7/10, maybe 6.

The problem is,

1) the level designs are super linear
2) theyre all the same.. go down some log as the babies..walk around towards the top.. boring.
3) story was lame and forgettable.
4) the battles went on too long and the bosses didnt have enough moves or variety to make them feel fun or epic.
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#12StephenYap3Posted 4/27/2013 12:35:32 PM(edited)
2/10

After playing the almighty Superstar Saga, I was so ready for the sequel and I couldn't wait for it. Unfortunately in the end, this was the #1 worst Mario RPG I ever played, even today. I could excuse a bit of changes in a game compared to its predecessor (i.e. Final Fantasy VI dropping the job system from Final Fantasy V), but there was so many changes in this game that it was intolerable. I seriously don't understand how a lacking game could receive praise.

The Bros are the exact same members with no unique traits, the battle system and gameplay felt downgraded, the Bros Items were broken, button-mashy, and made the game way too easy, the areas were far too linear, the villains were lame, the story was uninspired, the battle musics were annoying, the replay value was lacking, the humor felt dead, and...well, the game was just far too stripped from what made its predecessor awesome.

But as for its goods, I did like the detailed graphics in this game as I felt that they were the best-looking in the Mario & Luigi series, as well as E. Gadd. Some of the overworld music are not too shabby either. If it weren't for those goods, I would've given this game a 0/10.

Overall, this game is when I started to worry about the series. Hopefully Dream Team will bring me back to Mario & Luigi. At least I got this as a Christmas present. I would've gotten worst than Naruto mad if I bought it myself, especially when it costed more than $10.
---
I wanted to give Agnes Oblige a Chocobo doll as a gift, but she walked away and was never seen since I had -3 BP :(
#13TaiphlosionPosted 4/27/2013 12:41:05 PM(edited)
6/10
It's a enjoyable game, but being the sequel to the flawless game that SS is, I find it very disappointing. The babies were very annoying and the disconnected world was not as interesting as the "open world" from superstar saga. It's also a worse game than BiS, which isn't as good as SS either. It's still a fun game and I recommend it for anyone who likes mario rpgs.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#14SMASHKING84Posted 4/29/2013 4:23:14 PM
7/10
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iessRmHnfSw pokemon lp
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#15BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 4:46:04 PM
Eh, I'll put it as a 7. Not a bad game by any stretch, though Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story were both superior games.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#16Starwars4JPosted 4/29/2013 4:57:35 PM
6/10, it was hard to get through
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade