I want the goddamn FF Tactics Advance 3

#51StephenYap3Posted 4/29/2013 11:17:04 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
I don't entirely hate the law system, people. I could remember to not break it, but when it limits the actions you are given in battle, it limits the enjoyment, in my opinion, and I have quite a hard time remember the laws in FFTA (haven't played FFTA2). Pardon me for saying that the law system was broken.

I also like the original Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on GBA. It's just that the laws are the things I disliked. Again, sorry for describing the law system being "broken", people.
---
Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal my Wii U?!
#52BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 11:27:21 AM
I want a PROPER sequel to FF Tactics Advance. FFTA2 was such a letdown, with its generic storyline.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#53confettistormPosted 4/29/2013 11:50:57 AM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
Shiggy_Miyamoto posted...
Will someone please tell me why everyone hates on FFT advance?

Because nostalgia. People fondly remember the original Final Fantasy Tactics with its generic story, poor translation, and unbalanced difficulty.

Read my post above.
FFT Advanced series had a story? It was literally.

1) I'm stuck in a grimoire.
2) Happy frolicking
3) ???
4) Exit Grimoire...

I'll translate unbalanced difficulty to it was too hard for you.
I find that funny because Orlandu has the symbol for breaking the difficulty of a game.

I'll admit that FFTA2 story was even worse than FFTA, which I didn't think was possible.
#54Quiet_NoisePosted 4/29/2013 11:59:06 AM
confettistorm posted...
Buretsu posted...
Shiggy_Miyamoto posted...
Will someone please tell me why everyone hates on FFT advance?

Because nostalgia. People fondly remember the original Final Fantasy Tactics with its generic story, poor translation, and unbalanced difficulty.

Read my post above.

2) Happy frolicking
3) ???
4) Exit Grimoire...

I find that funny because Orlandu has the symbol for breaking the difficulty of a game.

I'll admit that FFTA2 story was even worse than FFTA, which I didn't think was possible.

Nice job omitting the bit where you realize you're the bad guy for wanting to return home, as your crippled brother is living happily now that he's able to live life like he's always dreamed (If this doesn't distress you then you've never had family >_>) and your bullied friends are now special snowflakes (But screw them no one cares about this part).

And FFT story was a masterpiece. TA2 was the only one I could even remotely see someone calling "meh," but the gameplay was so damn fantastic that I didn't care.
#55BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 12:16:16 PM
confettistorm posted...

2) Happy frolicking
3) ???
4) Exit Grimoire...

That was A2. The original Tactics Advance had a storyline that dealt with escapism, and finding the courage to stand up to reality instead of submerging yourself into fantasy.

So you reject my premise of the difficulty being unbalanced... then you point out a specific example of the difficulty being unbalanced. Good job?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#56Carbuncle009Posted 4/29/2013 1:12:33 PM
confettistorm posted...
Read my post above.

2) Happy frolicking
3) ???
4) Exit Grimoire...

As said before, that was never the story for FFTA1. You had been trapped in this world, but you wanted to escape.

Only thing is escaping leads to the end of Ivalice. And numerous people, including your friends and handicapped brother, enjoy this new world and don't want the end of it.

- Mewt has his deceased mother back and is actually revered. His father has an honorable position instead of being jobless.
- Ritz doesn't have to keep up with appearances just so she doesn't get bullied for having white hair.
- Your brother is no longer handicapped, capable of doing what he's dreamed of.
- You yourself contemplate what bad could result from this and how good it is to be in Ivalice sometimes. Your character still carries on with his decision to restore the world back to normal.

I've never seen this premise done so well until Persona 4.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#57confettistormPosted 4/29/2013 1:39:04 PM(edited)
Carbuncle009 posted...
confettistorm posted...
Read my post above.

2) Happy frolicking
3) ???
4) Exit Grimoire...

As said before, that was never the story for FFTA1. You had been trapped in this world, but you wanted to escape.

Only thing is escaping leads to the end of Ivalice. And numerous people, including your friends and handicapped brother, enjoy this new world and don't want the end of it.

- Mewt has his deceased mother back and is actually revered. His father has an honorable position instead of being jobless.
- Ritz doesn't have to keep up with appearances just so she doesn't get bullied for having white hair.
- Your brother is no longer handicapped, capable of doing what he's dreamed of.
- You yourself contemplate what bad could result from this and how good it is to be in Ivalice sometimes. Your character still carries on with his decision to restore the world back to normal.

I've never seen this premise done so well until Persona 4.

I always go by the adage that you have a terrible premise, but if executed properly, it can be wonders. We can agree to disagree that how they handled the themes in the FFTA series was pretty poorly done. Instead of having a continuous story like FFT, story segments are few and far between. Even some of the official story missions were find this random monster and kill it for no reason. I personally failed to establish a connection with the characters and thus, their interactions seemed very hollow. I'm sorry, but having a few flashbacks isn't enough for me to make this suddenly an amazing story. Also, this "you are labelled as a villain" idea is far better done in FFT where Ramza is not only cast aside as a traitor and villain, he's not even provided the satisfaction of being labelled as a hero in the annals of history. His decisions also affect the entire world and people live and die by his actions. This was a true clash of ideals between Ramza and Delita. Marche was labelled a villain because Mewt was stil thinking in a very immature manner (natural since he's a child).

When we take sides, we embellish the small points and make them into large ones. We'll agree to disagree here.

Buretsu posted...
So you reject my premise of the difficulty being unbalanced... then you point out a specific example of the difficulty being unbalanced. Good job?

I'm not saying the games aren't unbalanced. I'm laughing at your thinking that it's balanced to begin with. We all know he is broken. I know it's shocking, but you have the choice not to use him, especially since he appears so late in the game. And you think FFT or FFTA2 was balanced? Let's take out head out of the ground and just admit none of these single player tactic/strategy games are "balanced".

Somehow FFTA or A2 is more "balanced"? Please explain.
(You might want to touch on the instant double summoning red mages that don't damage allies units and don't heal enemy units. That's definitely not broken at all. Totally balanced.)
There are broken classes in FFT, as well as in FFTA2.

One thing I did like them removing was the enemy breaking weapons skills. God that was a pain in FFT.
#58Carbuncle009Posted 4/29/2013 1:48:02 PM
confettistorm posted...
(You might want to touch on the instant double summoning red mages that don't damage allies units and don't heal enemy units. That's definitely not broken at all. Totally balanced.)
There are broken classes in FFT, as well as in FFTA2

I feel like this is akin to how people complain P3 > P4 or vice versa. Each game outperforms the other in different aspects, but it's all a matter of preference.

FFTA2 has better gameplay, but FFT has better story/characters. It's all a matter of preference.

I just so happen to like the FFTA series more.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#59MegaMettaurPosted 4/29/2013 1:55:21 PM
Look at all these fake hipsters wanting a sequel to fft1. As long as the game doesn't play like fft1. That game didnt age well at all. Its slow game play makes it a terrible chore to play these days.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#60confettistormPosted 4/29/2013 2:00:11 PM(edited)
Carbuncle009 posted...
confettistorm posted...
There are broken classes in FFT, as well as in FFTA2

I feel like this is akin to how people complain P3 > P4 or vice versa. Each game outperforms the other in different aspects, but it's all a matter of preference.

FFTA2 has better gameplay, but FFT has better story/characters. It's all a matter of preference.

I just so happen to like the FFTA series more.

To be honest, I'd be happy with either a FFT2 or FFTA3 sequel. The tactics genre in general is very unappreciated.

Just not.... FFTS where you probably need to pay real money to break laws.

The sad truth is that they make more money preying on uninformed consumers on their blatant cash grabs than real games with great gameplay. More the reason to support the series.