The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

New Etrian Odyssey Millenium Maiden - GAMEPLAY, STORY, CUTSCENE BLOWOUT!

#1confettistormPosted 4/27/2013 7:52:39 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2TwoCcmams&feature=youtu.be

So... dam... good...
Atlus, I give you half of my $100 down payment if you localize this game early in NA and the other half when I buy it? Sound good?

Just to remind those that don't like the "new' direction, you have the option the play the ENTIRE game in CLASSIC mode (i.e. make your own party mode).
#2NeatNatePosted 4/27/2013 7:58:46 AM
So is this just EO 1 with a story or what all has changed? I don't play many games these days, but I would like something to play this summer. Should I give EO 4 a whirl or hold off for this? (It's going to be one or the other, not both).
---
Nate.
Pax Utopia
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/27/2013 8:05:27 AM
Man, giving a story to the first Etrian Odyssey is like a dream come true for me... And this looks amazing, even though the "Millennium Maiden" thing is made sorta obvious now that we've seen she's from Lost Shinjuku. Maybe it won't be kept secret at all that she's the last human from our time? Can't wait!
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:10:49 AM(edited)
NeatNate posted...
So is this just EO 1 with a story or what all has changed? I don't play many games these days, but I would like something to play this summer. Should I give EO 4 a whirl or hold off for this? (It's going to be one or the other, not both).

If you want to play something this summer, it will probably be EO4, unless you live in Japan or are willing to import this in Japanese.
Etrian Odyssey 4 is a great dungeon crawler RPG.
- You decide who is on your team.
- Endless customization options
- Hard difficulty to really test your decisions.
- Casual mode for newcomers to the series to ease them into the game.
- Lots of post-game content to fill

The new EO1 in this trailer is a remake of the original EO game. You have the option at the beginning of the game to go STORY mode or CLASSIC mode.
STORY mode has a larger emphasis on story, with a set party of 5 that you can reclass as much as you want. There is voice acting and cutscenes.
CLASSIC mode is classic EO. You set your party. You decide what names and portraits you want.

Other improvements over the original EO1:
- Voice acting
- Cutscenes
- CHOICE of Orchestrated or Original Music Tracks
- Grimoire System (equippable items allowing you to use unique skills!)
- A new crafting system

Millennium Maiden is a new direction for the series, but they are leaving the option for those who like the classic version. It's like getting two games in one!
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 4/27/2013 8:30:22 AM
This is definitely being localized, no need to worry about that. :-)

Atlus, at this rate I should just give you direct access to my bank account.
---
The economy? HE'S GONNA WRECK-IT!!! http://i.imgur.com/Ktyas.png http://i.imgur.com/gIuAW.jpg 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6CSplitterPosted 4/27/2013 8:45:01 AM
It looks damn good but I still prefer my original EO's sprites.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#7lunchEATSyouPosted 4/27/2013 8:48:44 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#8pikachupwnagePosted 4/27/2013 8:51:59 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
This is definitely being localized, no need to worry about that. :-)

Yeah.

Atlus is quickly becoming my favorite third party dev/publisher
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#9confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:32:36 AM
I love the new environments! And great voice work!

Can't wait to get more music samples too!
#10confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:01:19 AM
Live Etrian music today!

I hope there's a stream!