New Etrian Odyssey Millenium Maiden - GAMEPLAY, STORY, CUTSCENE BLOWOUT!

#11MrKunioPosted 4/28/2013 7:47:31 AM
Save time. Do Not translate the japanese voices!
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#12Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 4/28/2013 8:01:43 AM
Looks great.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan | youtube.com/GamingAndASMR
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#13Hercik1Posted 4/28/2013 9:36:18 AM
MrKunio posted...

But atlus dubs are great.
#14E-25Posted 4/28/2013 9:46:51 AM
confettistorm posted...
The new EO1 in this trailer is a remake of the original EO game. You have the option at the beginning of the game to go STORY mode or CLASSIC mode.
STORY mode has a larger emphasis on story, with a set party of 5 that you can reclass as much as you want. There is voice acting and cutscenes.
CLASSIC mode is classic EO. You set your party. You decide what names and portraits you want.

Thanks for that bit of info; now just wondering if that extra data from EOIV might be playing a part in bringing some extras into the mix.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#15Argh4430Posted 4/28/2013 9:49:56 AM
Hercik1 posted...
MrKunio posted...

But atlus dubs are great.

Who do you think will be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal?
#16_Matt_Engarde_Posted 4/28/2013 9:57:28 AM
They've taken everything I loved about EO and changed it... It's no longer what it used to be, and I barely recognize it...

Intriguing. Nice to see a franchise willing to take risks. I'm not sure if I want to play "Story" mode or "Classic mode"...
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#17KeleenRemPosted 4/28/2013 10:03:31 AM
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...
They've taken everything I loved about EO and changed it... It's no longer what it used to be, and I barely recognize it...

Intriguing. Nice to see a franchise willing to take risks. I'm not sure if I want to play "Story" mode or "Classic mode"...

I liked how the EO series is improving. The first game was immunize, immunize, immunize. The second game was Hex, Hex, Hex. The third and 4th game actually had variety.
#18ArkardPosted 4/28/2013 10:46:08 AM
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...

I think you can keep the core of the game intact and still add story and thematic elements to it. It's a good move, as long as the story characters are still fully customizable. If they have preset classes it'd be weird.
---
I hope this signature doesn't offend anyone
#19confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:24:51 PM
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...

I don't understand.
They have classic mode and story mode.
Two COMPLETELY different modes.

If you want your CLASSIC Etrian Odyssey with CLASSIC gameplay, CLASSIC portrait and team selection and CLASSIC music, I think it's pretty obvious what mode you should pick.
(Hint: Classic)

It's great that they give us a CHOICE.
#20confettistorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:26:55 PM(edited)
Arkard posted...
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...

I think you can keep the core of the game intact and still add story and thematic elements to it. It's a good move, as long as the story characters are still fully customizable. If they have preset classes it'd be weird.

Even in STORY mode, even though your team is preset at the beginning, you can change their classes to WHATEVER YOU WANT THEM TO BE. The only weird thing is that you might have Frederica's portrait with a gun even though she's a hexer.