BE WARNED! Once Action Replay, hacks become common R.I.P. 3DS online

#191SMASHKING84Posted 4/28/2013 12:18:16 AM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Is this thread saying there IS an AR for 3ds games, or that one will show up eventually? Because I doubt it. The games for 3DS and WiiU are encrypted fairly well on nintendo part. The 3ds has been out 2 years now? We have yet to see any cheat devices for a reason.

ds took at least two years.
hell it took them until 2009 to hack the wii
which by the way even if ar goes away things like geeko os will not.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzwlOTUXzEM my favorite mario games http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#192ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/28/2013 12:21:17 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Is this thread saying there IS an AR for 3ds games, or that one will show up eventually? Because I doubt it. The games for 3DS and WiiU are encrypted fairly well on nintendo part. The 3ds has been out 2 years now? We have yet to see any cheat devices for a reason.

ds took at least two years.
hell it took them until 2009 to hack the wii
which by the way even if ar goes away things like geeko os will not.

To be honest I have been hoping for a homebrew on 3ds. Not for piracy, but for the awesome little apps like the wii had. Things like Project M on wii were amazing.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#193EllustrianPosted 4/28/2013 12:25:13 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"It costed at most millions of copies of games from being profitable though."

Nope.

Please elaborate as to how piracy causes no ill effect on sales of a game. I'm sure you are an expert in this field of study.

Oh, but yes, state that it made profit, as if to somehow negate lost profits.

So interesting. You have a riveting argument, truly.
#194HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:25:19 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
The only thing I care about is removing the region lock, which is more useful than hacking Pokemon X & Y.

Region locking is f'ing unfair. I have a Spanish Pokemon Black but since it's a DSi European game it will not work on an American 3DS or DSi so I could only play it on my DS Lite. I will pay to remove it. F you Reggie and Iwata for trying to make my Spanish game useless.

ds games are region free
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#195SMASHKING84Posted 4/28/2013 12:30:47 AM
you know something people hate about pokemon?
it has one save file.
you know something action replay did? give you two save files
game genie ds does too.

ar hackers:giving nintendo fans features they want AND DESERVE unlike nintendo.
again infinite tms? our idea. fast breeding? our idea.

hell if it weren't for "cheaters" street fighter wouldn't have combos. you can't explain that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzwlOTUXzEM my favorite mario games http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#196HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:44:14 AM
electrafire posted...
Ok after reading this whole post and watching for a while i'm going to say something and I will let you guys know, that I won't be saying anything nice in the terms of cheaters and hackers! also I don't post much on forums I post when I feel its time for me to say something though I do go on here I probably won't post much back.

I am hoping there will be people here who will agree what I'm writing about today.
So to those who understand me and agree I thank you so much!!!

To those who are with hacking and cheating you guys need to learn to leave new systems alone! Someday your hacking, cheating ways will catch up to you and you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves!!

Nintendo's systems have games that are causal, some are fun and social,others are simple and easy. There are some that are rpg's and can be challenging and maybe mind draining. No matter what the game is, it can be finished without any hack's. In my opinion people who use cheats and hacks on These newer Nintendo systems are lazy and just want to beat the game, cheat or in terms of Animal crossing DS: brick your system/game and be a nasty bully.

I don't understand why people have to jump out and try to hack or cheat every flipping new Nintendo console! I would understand now the WII since internet services are being pulled. . When there not supported anymore things get boring fast. That's when people should jump in and hack away. Not when the system first comes out. the 3DS has only been out for 2 years back off hackers I want my 3DS XL to last longer then the DS did!

Why, why can't these flipping hackers and cheaters go crawl in a hole for 10 years and let Nintendo make awesome games and accessories. They need to leave the 3DS alone!. If people stopped hacking and cheating it would probably help Nintendo allot to take a load off there minds.. These cheat replays ugh, OK I understood years ago when I was little, then it was a big thing to have one of these, I think allot of my playmates had one on there GBA's to get the "it" Pokemon. Though think back did those systems have internet or Internet browsers or even e-shops!? No the Game boy, Game boy color and Game boy advance had no internet services. Those are the devices those cheat replay's should stay with. The DS system can have it too now cause there's no new games coming out and not much support ether.

I absolutely hate the Idea of the 3DS having hacks or cheat replay's though there probably out there somewhere's, Somebody needs to get Nintendo on the bandwagon and start locking people out of internet altogether if they want to use a cheat engine on there offline games, then that's fine, go ahead have fun, though be warned you will be banned from any thing internet related, E-shop games etc.

I didn't have mine long for my GBA I got bored fast after beating Pokemon to quick. Games are meant to be played slow and fun on Nintendo systems. It's a family system alot of kid safe games, harvest moon, Pokemon mystery dungeon, freaky forms and animal crossing (not out yet but still) are all kid friendly casual games. I learned from having the GBA one, that once you beat the game, get everything you want its boring fast very fast. I'm happy I learned at at a early age. I wish others would too.

I want to have 3DS games for a long time and I have a bad feeling these no good hackers and cheaters are going to ruin it for all of us!! They need to back off and go the heck away!!!

10/10
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#197hyjinx17Posted 4/28/2013 1:47:01 AM
electrafire posted...
Ok after reading this whole post and watching for a while i'm going to say something and I will let you guys know, that I won't be saying anything nice in the terms of cheaters and hackers! also I don't post much on forums I post when I feel its time for me to say something though I do go on here I probably won't post much back.

I want to have 3DS games for a long time and I have a bad feeling these no good hackers and cheaters are going to ruin it for all of us!! They need to back off and go the heck away!!!

"Don't play your games the way you like, play them the way I want you too. Even though I know it won't effect me in any way. Somehow hacking the system will make it not last as long, even though the DS had a steady stream of games for 8 years, I still want to say it even though it makes no sense. Nintendo games are casual, but should be taken super seriously and you should only play them in this exact way I say is right. If you don't like it my way, then sell your system because you don't deserve to play it!!!"

I'm paraphrasing of course
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#198CyberNylesPosted 4/28/2013 5:17:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#199SuzuTitorPosted 4/28/2013 5:29:24 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
The only thing I care about is removing the region lock, which is more useful than hacking Pokemon X & Y.

Region locking is f'ing unfair. I have a Spanish Pokemon Black but since it's a DSi European game it will not work on an American 3DS or DSi so I could only play it on my DS Lite. I will pay to remove it. F you Reggie and Iwata for trying to make my Spanish game useless.

ds games are region free

Except DSi enhanced ones, like Pokemon Black.
---
3DS FC - 0688-6401-1227
#200TiamatKillerPosted 4/28/2013 5:35:18 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
electrafire posted...
stuff

10/10

I have never owned an AR, but I did use a friend's quite extensively on the GBA.

The only thing that would affect your gaming experience is if AR codes that gave advantages to player in an online environment were used. Those kinds of exploitations can more easily be patched because the exploitations are more specific.

I don't know where in the world you got the idea that the system's longevity is in any way affected by AR, but it isn't.

I doubt that Nintendo is losing any sleep on hacks made for their games as well.

It's especially asinine to say that people shouldn't be allowed to use AR on their game offline, and quite frankly I don't know how you expect them to enforce this. Magic? There is no way for them to ban a person from online simply because they can't know who uses AR, and it's not their place to enforce anything.

For that matter, Nintendo doesn't know how to correctly implement online so good luck wishing for people to actually get banned for offline hacks.

Games are meant to be played however the hell the person feels like playing them. Your golden standard of how to correctly play games applies to one person only.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912