Are Zelda fanboys the most spoiled?

#11Nergy15Posted 4/27/2013 3:39:47 PM
I have noticed they are the hardest to please. Wind asker was too cartoony, twilight princess was too realistic, skyward sword was too far from the formula, LTTP 2 is too similar to LTTP 1. No pleasing them.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696
#12pokemega32Posted 4/27/2013 3:59:30 PM
GooperBlooper posted...
I can't believe it... that'd be like Nintendo making Super Mario World 2 (well, Super Mario World 3, forgot about Yoshi's Island >_>). That will never happen.

That's essentially what New Super Mario Bros. U is.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#13ZeroArcheryPosted 4/27/2013 4:04:13 PM
pokemega32 posted...
GooperBlooper posted...
I can't believe it... that'd be like Nintendo making Super Mario World 2 (well, Super Mario World 3, forgot about Yoshi's Island >_>). That will never happen.

That's essentially what New Super Mario Bros. U is.

Yeah. And honestly, it's my favorite Mario game of all time so far.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#14VyersPosted 4/27/2013 4:08:42 PM
...No? Of course not. They're not spoiled because they're not a collective consisting of one opinion. SOME Zelda fans demand OoT2, and that has no positive results. Most Zelda fans readily bemoan Nintendo for how the franchise has been going. Gameplay input gimmicks, stagnation in the mechanics, etc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#15Richman80Posted 4/27/2013 4:37:02 PM
Nergy15 posted...
I have noticed they are the hardest to please. Wind asker was too cartoony, twilight princess was too realistic, skyward sword was too far from the formula, LTTP 2 is too similar to LTTP 1. No pleasing them.

Skyward Sword was not really far from the formula. Zelda II had the most noticable change, with the side-scrolling gameplay, magic system and leveling up system. Though some of SS's plot changed it's formula. (Scenes with Zelda, anyone?)

Honestly, some of them DO think that "LTTP2 is the worst Zelda ever!" or "Miyamoto, we want LTTP remake! Not a sequel!"

But I don't. Those who complained that was mostly from Zelda I - Majora's Mask era. I'm from the Minish Cap era. Since then, I never complained about Zelda. In fact, all of them are well-designed.

Besides, who would know if LTTP2 is the real title and is the worst Zelda? The title might change, into "A Link To The Future" or something. The dungeons WILL change, but we don't know the details yet.

The plot maybe "Link explores Hyrule when he suddenly found a wormhole and got warped into the future."
---
White : 0390-4869-3852 White 2 : 5372 8262 3233
Wario Ware D.I.Y. DS Code : 5028-0921-1339
#16UFOLochePosted 4/27/2013 4:54:57 PM
TIGERPOKEMON posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
The only spoiled gamers are PC gamers that buy from Steam.

Being the best doesn't make you spoiled

This. Love being able to buy Bioshock Infinite for 45$ and then get Bioshock 1, X-Com Enemy Unknown, and one of five different games just because I pre-ordered the darn thing.

...I wish I took up on that deal, but I was broke at the time. v.v
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#17strongo9Posted 4/27/2013 5:01:58 PM

I'll admit it, I've been spoiled by all of the sales. Gaben treats us well.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#18nonexistingheroPosted 4/27/2013 5:26:17 PM
NickyTheNewt posted...

Why?...

TIGERPOKEMON posted...

Being the best doesn't make you spoiled

They are spoiled because they can buy just about everything for a very low price. The deals on there are often absolutely crazy.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#19MagnemightPosted 4/27/2013 5:30:27 PM
I can't believe that we've had a civil response to such a loaded topic title.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#20ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/27/2013 6:23:03 PM
More than Mario? Heck no, maybe if you're anticipating a certain Mario series, like the 3D games.
We waited 5 years to receive a Zelda game for the Wii.