Why do people brag about backlogs?

#31ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/28/2013 1:18:37 AM
I have not finished the final chapter of FE:A on hard.
I hardly played luigi's mansion
Still have not finished OOT on master quest
Never finished Kid Icarus

Not even going to mention the 100 games on PC I've never even installed.

Curse you monster hunter, you have stolen my soul.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#32darkus_fPosted 4/28/2013 1:25:36 AM
Chargrilled posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
People brag about backlogs?

---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
#33combo88Posted 4/28/2013 1:35:40 AM
Some people will brag about anything.

I hate the fact I don't have the time to play all the games I would like to, and I haven't completed most of the games I own at the moment (NOT BRAGGING!)

I have learnt from previously going OTT and now I don't generally buy games I know I don't currently have time for - all my gaming time is divided between Skyrim, recently Injustice, and Pokémon at the moment. The last one is always going to be a mainstay for when I don't have acccess to the TV but once I get bored of either of the first two I'll swap it out for a new game. I haven't bought Bioshock Infinite yet for this reason.
#34its_mattPosted 4/28/2013 1:37:27 AM
I'm not proud of my back log
#35BannanaBomb2002Posted 4/28/2013 1:53:26 AM
Hardley_Smith posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
People brag about backlogs?
#36Ampharos64Posted 4/28/2013 3:49:08 AM
DishSoap posted...
Im ashamed of mine if anything, i told my self no more games til animal crossing new leaf and gta 5.

Yeah. Me too, it's definitely not something I'm proud of, more feel guilty over, and also just like to make fun of myself for it and talk about it with others in the same position. Especially my fellow JRPG fans who are similarly bogged down in unfinished or un-started games because of just how long it typically takes to complete them (especially Tales games). It's kind of fun just to encourage each other, and suggest which one to tackle next. Kind of reassuring, too - sometimes it feels like everyone has played way more games than me (especially as I got into console gaming relatively late so am trying to play catch-up with all the classic games that were released in earlier gens), so hearing that others haven't got round to playing significant titles either is somehow comforting. XD

It can be kind of praising a console, too, if you're saying there are so many games on it you want to play - the DS has such a great library it's responsible for a lot of my backlog, and the 3DS is shaping up to follow in its footsteps.

Since I'm currently playing FE:Awakening...yeah, that game isn't going to help, is it? It's so addictive I think I'll be playing it for a long time.

So, I think anyone who does sound like they're bragging, maybe it's more just that they're a collector, and enjoy showing off their collection, which I think is fine (always enjoy seeing pics. of collections, anyway).

ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Still have not finished OOT on master quest

Oh geez, don't remind me about that one, argh. XD It's my favourite game of all time, I can't believe I got distracted and didn't finish it yet.
#37pvtplatypusPosted 4/28/2013 3:50:44 AM
I'm really ashamed of my backlog.
---
3DS Friend Code:0232-8280-5925
https://soundcloud.com/producerplatypus
#38ZanimarPosted 4/28/2013 7:40:29 AM(edited)
I don't find it worth bragging about. I'm ashamed of mine, because not only is it massive spanning 3DS, Wii, PSP, and PC, but that I've allowed it to keep growing massive over the past few years cause I kept spending most of my gaming time playing WoW instead of anything else. :(

Well that's changed starting last week and now I'm playing massive catch up so that I get these games done and over with and I can get back to proudly saying I have no backlog of games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#39MrKunioPosted 4/28/2013 7:42:55 AM
I work very hard 6 days a week. I can buy whatever I want.

That being said, I do have some back log games I havent started yet but glad I have them because I dont have to go looking or pay more money for something rare later.

I dont brag about it though/.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#40Shadowstar108Posted 4/28/2013 8:10:56 AM
I've only showed off my backlog a few times (I keep it recorded in my phone), and it's mostly full of PSP or PS2 games I have half finished or never started yet. I was REALLY bad with impulse buying... Now, I'm starting to realize the same thing with Magic: The Gathering.
---
"Think we should tell them about the hexes, or sell it as is?"