Nintendo now selling Authenthic Refurbished 3DS's

#11PuddingchanPosted 4/28/2013 4:59:19 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Puddingchan posted...
Not worth it until they cut the price to below $100 for a refurbished 3DS.

Its $160 for a new 3DS with warranty. I think $100-120 is far for refurbished with a warranty. Below $100 is fine if you're buying as is, but you aren't buying it used on Craig's List, you're buying a system from Nintendo with a warranty.

The thing is that for $40 more and probably $50-60 more you can get either a 3DS or a 3DS XL brand new.

It makes more sense to get it brand new (and maybe an XL instead) rather than a refurbished 3DS, unless the price difference is a lot more than just $40.
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 4/28/2013 5:15:02 AM
Puddingchan posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Puddingchan posted...

Its $160 for a new 3DS with warranty. I think $100-120 is far for refurbished with a warranty. Below $100 is fine if you're buying as is, but you aren't buying it used on Craig's List, you're buying a system from Nintendo with a warranty.

The thing is that for $40 more and probably $50-60 more you can get either a 3DS or a 3DS XL brand new.

It makes more sense to get it brand new (and maybe an XL instead) rather than a refurbished 3DS, unless the price difference is a lot more than just $40.

To some people $40 is a lot. Growing up I would love something like a refurbished 3DS and a game. Think like a single mom with 4 kids trying to make them all really happy by getting them all a 3DS and a game, but she only has a limited budget. I say this because swap the 3DS for GBA and this was Christmas for me one year.

$160 a kid X 4 instead of $200 a kid X 4 is a significant difference, so to us now $40 isn't much and we will go with anew one, but I think $100-120 is fair for a used system with the Nintendo warranty.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13PuddingchanPosted 4/28/2013 5:58:16 AM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
Puddingchan posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Puddingchan posted...

To some people $40 is a lot. Growing up I would love something like a refurbished 3DS and a game. Think like a single mom with 4 kids trying to make them all really happy by getting them all a 3DS and a game, but she only has a limited budget. I say this because swap the 3DS for GBA and this was Christmas for me one year.

$160 a kid X 4 instead of $200 a kid X 4 is a significant difference, so to us now $40 isn't much and we will go with anew one, but I think $100-120 is fair for a used system with the Nintendo warranty.

To the same people that think $40 is a lot, $120 is a lot. These people would probably risk getting a used working set from some other people for much lower than $120 if they are in such a situation, not Nintendo.

Nintendo lists $120 for a used 3DS, not $100.

Given that the 3DS is really an inferior model (in terms of ergonomics) to the XL and that most people are upgrading from the 3DS to an XL model, the price of the 3DS can only drop. It will also help Nintendo make the console accessible to people who can't afford an XL but want a 3DS.
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 4/28/2013 6:18:28 AM
But this has the Nintendo warranty which makes it infinitely better than used. So I don't think people will go used elsewhere when they can buy used from Nintendo with a warranty. And keep in mind before telling me what poor families do that I gave you a story from my childhood with 3 siblings raised by a single mom with no dad around.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15IHeartMetroidPosted 4/28/2013 12:24:49 PM
My question is this-

Being refurbished, do they retain the original serial number that shipped with the console?

In other words, could a lucky person who buys one of these possibly end up with an Ambassador system?
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#16PuddingchanPosted 4/29/2013 7:45:18 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
But this has the Nintendo warranty which makes it infinitely better than used. So I don't think people will go used elsewhere when they can buy used from Nintendo with a warranty. And keep in mind before telling me what poor families do that I gave you a story from my childhood with 3 siblings raised by a single mom with no dad around.

That doesn't mean another poor family won't do things the same way as you think your mom would have done. Still, I guess if someone needs to pay a little extra to trust someone and go official, there is no argument and this will be a good way to get a 3DS.

What I am trying to say is that although it seems like a good option, it is not necessarily the best for every case. My experience with Nintendo handhelds is that they don't really need the warranty. Still maybe if the users are known to be rough with the handhelds this might be a good deal over other second-hand options.

People have paid about $80 for a used console, so I would think that this means paying an extra $40 for the one-year warranty, which is something to think about.

If you want to do the math, it would work out something like this:

$120 x 4 = $480
$80 x 4 = $320

You save about $160, which you can use to buy the other games second-handed too.
#17ServantOfErieosPosted 4/29/2013 9:24:18 AM
bump
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#18thatmovingbushPosted 4/29/2013 11:39:17 AM
Last Vampire posted...
What a bunch of criminals trying to sell used products. I hope they go out of business.

BAHAHAHA.
---
"There are times when I look at people and see nothing worth liking." -Daniel Plainview
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#19somebody336Posted 4/29/2013 11:53:45 AM
Thats great :D
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#20deathgod_lightPosted 4/29/2013 1:25:58 PM
Last Vampire posted...
What a bunch of criminals trying to sell used products. I hope they go out of business.

>_> really

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/Uberbah/whoosh.gif
---
http://i.imgur.com/dR1A6H8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hh5apRK.jpg