What games to buy?

#1WithYouForYouPosted 4/28/2013 1:48:46 AM
I've got SM3D Land, MH3U and Pokemon Dungeons.

I want to buy Harvest Moon A New Beginning which is $29.99.

The other games (that are out) that I'm looking at are:

Code of Princess
Star Fox 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Tales of the Abyss

The order can add up to about $125...

And...basically...uh...

Suggestions would be nice. Thoughts as well. Haven't really been following the scene.
#2CojiroseanPosted 4/28/2013 2:00:39 AM
Tales of the Abyss is worth it. It has a good, lengthy story, likeable characters and fast real time combat.

Probably the best 3ds game there I said it deal with it.
---
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."
#3Willie_MakeitPosted 4/28/2013 2:01:29 AM
Devil Survivor Overclocked. Just a heads up, It's kinda hard to find these days unless you get it online or something.
---
Sig.
#4metroid02Posted 4/28/2013 2:07:41 AM
Well Fire Emblem is definitely a must have in my eyes, as is Tales of the Abyss. If you already played/had the N64 version of Star Fox then id stay away from the 3DS version as its not a significant upgrade in my eyes and to me it was a big waste of money, but i guess if you can find it used and cheap somewhere you could go for it. Cant say much about the other games.

If I may make a suggestion as to which other games you should maybe consider:

Mario Kart 7. Its not nearly as good as lets say Mario Kart DS but the rubberbanding isnt as bad as say Mario Kart Wii and its generally a very enjoyable Mario Kart game.

Kid Icarus Uprising. The hidden gem of the 3DSs game collection. Easily in the top 3, has amazing graphics, sound (everything is voiced over which for a game of this size is incredible), and gameplay. I suggest you take a closer look at this one.

Paper Mario Sticker Star. Although many hardcore PM fans refuse to accept the existence of this game the general consensus among those who havent played any of the other PM games in the past is that this game is pretty good. Its a rather adorable and fun game.

Luigis Mansion 2. Havent played it, but have heard a lot of good things about it.
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#5RobinWingsPosted 4/28/2013 2:25:55 AM
Definitely get Fire Emblem Awakening. It's an excellent game.

I'd be cautious about Etrian Odyssey IV. A lot of people say great things about it, but I didn't like it at all. I'd suggest checking out the demo before buying it.

I haven't played the other three games, but Tales of the Abyss appears to have been fairly well-received. Code of Princess's reviews don't seem to be quite as positive, and I'm not sure about Star Fox 3D.
#6WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:12:08 AM
Willie_Makeit posted...
Devil Survivor Overclocked. Just a heads up, It's kinda hard to find these days unless you get it online or something.

I played DS on the DS, so that one is a little...eh idk. If it has any of the same content then I wouldn't be interested.
#7Willie_MakeitPosted 4/28/2013 3:22:47 AM
WithYouForYou posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...

I played DS on the DS, so that one is a little...eh idk. If it has any of the same content then I wouldn't be interested.

It's pretty much the same game, but with LOADS more content than the DS version. There's more demons, the 8th day stuff, voice acting(it makes a huge difference), etc. I'd say it warrants another purchase if you even remotely liked the original version.
---
Sig.
#8kinterpin890Posted 4/28/2013 5:22:20 AM
Shinobi is a game worth considering, it's one of the best games the 3DS has.
#9WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 9:49:11 AM
kinterpin890 posted...

Hm. Ok.

Anybody else?
#10WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:18:33 PM
WithYouForYou posted...
kinterpin890 posted...

Hm. Ok.

Anybody else?

D= come on guize. Gamestop has a deal I'm trying to utilize here.