How many people actually wait for certain colors before buying a handheld?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How many people actually wait for certain colors before buying a handheld?

User Info: Tempest717

Tempest717
3 years ago#11
For a first generation handheld no, but I won't upgrade until they release a 3DSXL color I want.
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF

User Info: Limen123

Limen123
3 years ago#12
I was waiting for a bit, but couldn't any longer and decided to go for a red one. Then purple came out right afterward and I was a bit disappointed. And then the XL and I was even more disappointed.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
3 years ago#13
A new system? No. A revision? Yes.
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#14
I usually just make the best choice out of all the options available when I have the means to buy the system.

I do admit I kinda wish I had waited for a white-interior XL because it looks so neat, but I greatly enjoy my red XL and have decorated it with a sticker to match my tastes.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
3 years ago#15
I just ordered a 3ds xl blue/black. While I would want a black version instead. I'm not willing to wait for nintendo to release it. So not me.
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
3 years ago#16
i do but it depends on the color.with my ds it was a fluke because i was walking home and found a walmart black friday ad that showed the collectors edition zelda. otherwise i was going to wait.glad i didnt because of the prices going up on it.my zelda 3ds i was just fooling around on amazon and decided to see if there was a zelda 3ds bundle because it wasnt in stores in my town and BAM there it was listed on amazon.so i bought it.

my DSi is the 25th anniversary mario one with mario kart ds bundled with it so its still sealed.as for the 3DS XL if they make a green one for this year of luigi promo they got going on i will probably buy that unless they release a gold zelda 3DS XL.then i will get both and maybe a extra green one or some other color if they release it to be my main 3DS XL.the same for my regular 3ds and ds.
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
3 years ago#17
I waited to buy the original 3DS until OoT3D came out, and luckily black was a launch color.

Which was great since the blue 3DS looked ugly.
This is an elite pirate

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
3 years ago#18
It depends on the price for me, if I have to pay more to get a certain color, then definitely not. Its not worth paying $30-50 to have the color I want. If I am getting a great deal on a system I will take any color. Chances are I am not buying a system unless its a great deal, so my picks are usually based on price alone. I bought a red 3DS for $99 at Sears on clearance, I am more than happy.
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
3 years ago#19
My major reason for not getting a 3DS at launch (even though I was interested in it) was because I didn't like the starting colors. Once Fire Red came out, it looked interesting, so I took it.

I don't know how long it'll be until we get a Forest Green color though, that'd be a nice-looking color.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: Nintenbro

Nintenbro
3 years ago#20
I purchased a Flame Red 3DS, just a couple of weeks before Nintendo announced the XL. I still haven't bought an XL yet, because I'm waiting for the all-black system to become available in North America. It's the only one that I think looks attractive. In my opinion, the blue/red & black XL systems look like cheap, little kid's toys. :D
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How many people actually wait for certain colors before buying a handheld?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived