Nintendo censored Fire Emblem Awakening in Europe!!! >_>

#11squatch22Posted 4/28/2013 12:05:21 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
It's one optional conversation tucked away in a dlc. Do you know what was not censored in that same chapter nor the rest of the game? Homosexual incest between Vincent and Victor.

---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#12NewbieN00bPosted 4/28/2013 12:11:19 PM
temgun posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
temgun posted...
Who really cares? The story is hardly the main focus in the game and one piece of dialogue is nothing.

Because something is being altered. it's 2013. people are paying good money and things shouldn't be altered like that, no matter how small it is. what's the point?.

But it's still one piece of dialogue that has nothing to do with anything. Indeed, there's absolutely no reason to do this and once again Nintendo has no idea what they are doing, but that's hardly a deal breaker or anything.

The real question is, did they remove Fredericks obsessing with Chrom in the opening?

And what about those naked Chrom posters?
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#13BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/28/2013 12:15:29 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
The real question is, did they remove Fredericks obsessing with Chrom in the opening?

Please tell me where in the game you find these posters.

... So that I can avoid them. Of course.

Sorry about my answer in the equivalent topic on the Awakening board. With people blowing this silly "issue" out of proportion, I thought it would be possible for someone to go as far as saying other conversations had been removed.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#14ZappmasterPosted 4/28/2013 12:15:31 PM
Censoring in any way, shape or form pisses me off. I'm especially disappointed Europe did it. Idc it it's optional conversation or dlc or whatever. This is some Nineteen-eightyfour level bull.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#15nazacuckooPosted 4/28/2013 12:15:55 PM
Was anything else censored? I'm gonna freak if they did one of their censor-jobs on this.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#16BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/28/2013 12:17:26 PM
nazacuckoo posted...
Was anything else censored? I'm gonna freak if they did one of their censor-jobs on this.

No. Please resume your gaming with the knowledge that only the conversation between the mostly-naked loli and the almost-as-naked goth has been slightly altered.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#17NewbieN00bPosted 4/28/2013 12:21:10 PM(edited)
NewbieN00b posted...

Sorry about my answer in the equivalent topic on the Awakening board. With people blowing this silly "issue" out of proportion, I thought it would be possible for someone to go as far as saying other conversations had been removed.

Chrom/Freds supports :>

I may have sounded over agressive, but sarcasm and internet doon't mix :v

Zappmaster posted...
Censoring in any way, shape or form pisses me off. I'm especially disappointed Europe did it. Idc it it's optional conversation or dlc or whatever. This is some Nineteen-eightyfour level bull.

In all honesty, it depends on what the japanese version said. (apparently, the spainish version mentions her butt instead. It could have been a localization thing in the first place. Though, hair is still a bigger difference than butt.)

I do agree it was a silly thing to change in the first place, though. But it's not worth caring about.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#18GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/28/2013 12:23:26 PM
NewbieN00b posted...

You don't actually see them. They're only talked about in a support between Chrom and Fred.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#19Baha05Posted 4/28/2013 12:30:29 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Because something is being altered. it's 2013. people are paying good money and things shouldn't be altered like that, no matter how small it is. what's the point?.

Just because it's 2013 doesn't mean things don't get censored. Different cultures.

Hell you will never in the UK find the Dinobot Slag, just because slag means prostitute or something in the UK. They change his name to Snarl
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#20nonexistingheroPosted 4/28/2013 12:34:32 PM
It's one optional conversation tucked away in a dlc. Do you know what was not censored in that same chapter nor the rest of the game? Homosexual incest between Vincent and Victor.

But conversations about female anatomy is much more interesting!
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.