Nintendo censored Fire Emblem Awakening in Europe!!! >_>

#51Capitan_KidPosted 4/28/2013 2:42:40 PM
NoE can go to hell for this. How dare they mess with the best character in the games dialogue!
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#52BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/28/2013 2:45:57 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
NoE can go to hell for this. How dare they mess with the best character in the games dialogue!

*NoE goes to hell*

*Bravely Default isn't localized nor released in Europe, NoA decides it's not worth the effort of localizing it themselves and it's not released in the US either*
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#53ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/28/2013 2:46:43 PM
them boingy bits!
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#5401Philip01Posted 4/28/2013 3:05:43 PM(edited)
Nintendo dlc sales rise as Europeans want to find out one piece of dialogue.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#55MonkeyShamanPosted 4/28/2013 3:08:04 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
temgun posted...
Who really cares? The story is hardly the main focus in the game and one piece of dialogue is nothing.

Because something is being altered. it's 2013. people are paying good money and things shouldn't be altered like that, no matter how small it is. what's the point?.

This.

You don't see other media censored in the way that video games still are (at least not usually).
#56airfoemoePosted 4/28/2013 5:19:34 PM
Just read the story on YouTube if the censorship bothers you.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#57ZeroArcheryPosted 4/28/2013 5:28:45 PM
MonkeyShaman posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
temgun posted...
Who really cares? The story is hardly the main focus in the game and one piece of dialogue is nothing.

Because something is being altered. it's 2013. people are paying good money and things shouldn't be altered like that, no matter how small it is. what's the point?.

This.

You don't see other media censored in the way that video games still are (at least not usually).

Lol

It's worse today, because of how overly "offended" people get for the most idiotic things.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#58ORANGE666Posted 4/28/2013 5:31:43 PM
Rated T equivalent in Europe yet the target audience is too young minded and immature to handle references to boobs?
#59WiiareVenomPosted 4/28/2013 6:58:57 PM
Ellustrian posted...
Baha05 posted...
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/49/SlagWarofDinos.jpg

Slag

R.I.P. 1980something to something else

And yeah I'm pretty sure Spaz is still a no no over there

Hell, they had to change the name of that movie Joy Ride to something else because a "joy ride" there is apparently when youths steal and race cars.

Thats not what it means everywhere?
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#60HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:26:32 AM
confettistorm posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
http://i.imgur.com/e4VxkDs.jpg?1

^^^ thats the NA version.
The EU version or UK translation has a conversation about hair

>You know! Your hair! it's so sleek, (...)

I guess Nintendo is still stuck in the 90s and censoring Mortal Kombat blood to sweat and Final Fantasy spells like Holy to Pearl >_>

I hope Nintendo realizes that ADULTS/TEENS want to play ADULT TEEN games and not have them censored!!! >:(

You really have nothing better to do but to complain?
You see, this is why companies can never get an accurate representation of what to improve at.
You have TC complaining about one line in a game and then make a thread that makes an incorrect blanket statement...

Get over yourself.
If I could make a blanket statement myself, the world in general needs a better education system if they keep pumping out people who can't think before they speak or write something.

Its sad but its the reason why I have to buy things in their original country sometimes.
I can't wait tor the day when there will be 1 translation for all english countries and we won't have so many changes and censorship differences.

It sickens.

Take the average anime and each country censors and removes different things and translates it differently.
I just end up watching the original jp version because everyone else butchers it.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.