Nintendo censored Fire Emblem Awakening in Europe!!! >_>

#81ZeroArcheryPosted 4/29/2013 2:00:09 PM
Nerdstick posted...
I can't believe people in this topic actually defend censorship. Nintendo can get away with anything with these sheep fans..

Some things do need to be censored. I don't think anyone can deny that with a straight face.

But this incident isn't a big deal. It's not that anyone's defending it, it's that they don't care because of how insignificant it is. It's like changing "Damn!" to "Darn it!" it's virtually identical with no harm done or character changed.

It's even less of a issue because apparently it's DLC. Which means a majority won't even see the changed scene.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#82BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/29/2013 2:01:55 PM
ARushAndAPush posted...
The original Japanese version was about hair.
Nintendo of Europe's localisation is the truer version.

Reposting this for the new page.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#83NewbieN00bPosted 4/29/2013 2:05:14 PM(edited)
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
ARushAndAPush posted...

Reposting this for the new page.

You need to change your page settings then...

Also, give me a japanese screenshot. I'm sure I could go whine to someone on SF to check. Because talking about boobs like that isn't exaclty new to FE, lol.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#84arvilinoPosted 4/29/2013 2:11:47 PM
ARushAndAPush posted...

Thanks. See? I know current NoE too well to readily assume they censored stuff. Then again, that makes the US localization something of a reverse censorship, and I find it quite hilarious. :P

The US localization team must have been fans of the Tales of series.
#85BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/29/2013 2:12:59 PM(edited)
Ten posts per page are alright. If I wanted to be bombarded by posts I'd go to neoGAF or somewhere like that.

arvilino posted...
ARushAndAPush posted...

Thanks. See? I know current NoE too well to readily assume they censored stuff. Then again, that makes the US localization something of a reverse censorship, and I find it quite hilarious. :P

The US localization team must have been fans of the Tales of series.

Needed less "boingy bits" and more "BAZONGAS!"
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#86NewbieN00bPosted 4/29/2013 2:23:44 PM(edited)
Kinda odd NoE would base one line off the japanese version and use the NoA(aside from changing the american english) script for everything else...

Or was that just the demo?
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#87BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/29/2013 2:22:15 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Kinda odd NoE would base one line off the japanese version and use the NoA(aside from changing the american english) script for everything else...

Maybe the DLCs are translated separately, since we got Harvest Scramble on the same day.
---
#88NewbieN00bPosted 4/29/2013 2:24:44 PM
NewbieN00b posted...

Maybe the DLCs are translated separately, since we got Harvest Scramble on the same day.

...Wouldn't getting them on the same day suggest they were translated at the same time?

I may be misunderstanding you, though.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#89BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/29/2013 2:29:17 PM
No, I was just giving out a possible reason. The European main game came out two months later than the American version, so it stands to reason that it used the same translation. But this DLC was simultaneous, so there's the possibility that NoE went with their own translation (from Japanese) rather than just using the US one. Since the DLC schedules for the two regions are different, I guess we'll know for sure if a piece of DLC ever comes out in Europe first. Otherwise, it's as you say and a single line was taken from the original Japanese script, but that sounds pretty weird to me.
---
#90NewbieN00bPosted 4/29/2013 2:50:32 PM(edited)
No, I was just giving out a possible reason. The European main game came out two months later than the American version, so it stands to reason that it used the same translation. But this DLC was simultaneous, so there's the possibility that NoE went with their own translation (from Japanese) rather than just using the US one. Since the DLC schedules for the two regions are different, I guess we'll know for sure if a piece of DLC ever comes out in Europe first. Otherwise, it's as you say and a single line was taken from the original Japanese script, but that sounds pretty weird to me.

Yeah.

Mildly irked, as I'm looking around atwiki(japanese wiki) and they don't seem to have DLC scripts. I may just be missing it, my japanese isn't really that good XD

EDIT: Found it!
http://www18.atwiki.jp/fireemblem3ds/pages/858.html#id_6b849627
Yeahhhhh pretty sure Nowi is talking about Tharjas... special bits XD (Or Nono and Sarya, if you are so inclined :p) So looks like NoA is closer to the original.
---
Give me all teh FE D':