So I downloaded games before I linked to Club Nintendo. No option for coins :/

#1Weiki WeikiPosted 4/28/2013 2:32:00 PM
I got FA:A and MH3U on the downloadable shop a few weeks ago and I'm just now entering all my codes from my physical games, how do I enter my codes for my digitally downloaded games? I checked my to do list and i filled a survey out for 10 coins. I have like 130 coins now so close to a free game.

I could just go buy luigi's mansion, get the free game for having it and a 3ds XL, then use the coins from that to get another free game! will this work?
---
Analyze it... With science!
#2The Blob2000Posted 4/28/2013 2:53:21 PM
Good question. I linked before I bought anything but I just assumed your purchases prior to linking would still count.

Anyway, yeah, you should get coins for the free game as far as I know. If you registered your 3DS XL after Valentine's Day, pretty sure.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#3Akira1256Posted 4/28/2013 2:53:52 PM
There are no codes for games downloaded from the eShop; they're normally automatically registered if you link your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account before buying and downloading the games.

You may be able to get Nintendo/Club Nintendo to credit you for the games if you contact them about it (that you didn't know you had to register with CN and link your 3DS before buying those games, etc.), however.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#4NintenbroPosted 4/28/2013 3:23:41 PM
You could try deleting the games from your 3DS and re-downloading them, but I'm not sure if that's really worth the time you'll spend.
---
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
#5GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/28/2013 3:56:00 PM
*sigh* why don't people know this?
Email Nintendo with your serial number, Country, CN username, and a list of all the titles you downloaded prior to linking and they will give you your coins. (be sure to mention what it's for or the random list they receive won't make any sense to them).
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#6GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/28/2013 3:56:29 PM
Nintenbro posted...
You could try deleting the games from your 3DS and re-downloading them, but I'm not sure if that's really worth the time you'll spend.

Lolno that wouldn't work.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#7Dark_Knight_94Posted 4/28/2013 4:35:36 PM(edited)
When I joined Club Nintendo, I E-mailed them and the person replied. They added them to my account.
---
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN! ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
\[ [ [ [ [ [ [3DS Ambassador: 2793-0602-7704] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]/
#8strongo9Posted 4/28/2013 5:36:53 PM
Just shoot Nintendo an e-mail or a phone call. They have some of the best customer service around. They'll add the games to your Club Nintendo account and give you surveys for them.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#9AnxyPosted 5/3/2013 8:38:30 AM
Thats not true, i don't know what happened between now and a few months ago but the european customer service has really gone down hill.

As for them registering the game, they won't.

this is a email i got on registering a game i bought before linking my nintendo club.

"Thank you for your email regarding linking your console to Club Nintendo.

We have been in contact with our head office regarding your case, and unfortunately we are unable to register any games that have been downloaded before the console was linked to Club Nintendo.

In order to register any downloaded game on Club Nintendo the 3DS must have been linked 24 hours before the download."
#10LunarRoarPosted 5/3/2013 8:44:35 AM
Not like there's anything worth getting from Club Nintendo anyway.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards