Convenience

#1WithYouForYouPosted 4/28/2013 3:51:51 PM
I'm on the fence between digital vs retail. I love Steam and all that - but at the same time I love cases. Then you have issues for games like Etrian Odyssey IV that doesn't even have anything in the case. So, I really ask...

Is it more convenient to have a 32gb SD card and keep all of your games in the 3DS that way...or lug around a pull and go to store all of your carts?
#2moogle69Posted 4/28/2013 3:58:28 PM
32GB cards are cheap cheap cheap, i don't see how people have such an hard time deciding on these things.

i look at this way, if the game is hard to find in retail stores and the games gets a digital version as well, id digitally buy it, if not ill buy it retail or order it from online.

but if you are one of those, who just want to turn your handheld on any where and start playing games via the selection you have in your system, then thats nice as well. the problem by doing this is that 3DS games are pretty huge in capacity.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#3WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:00:40 PM
moogle69 posted...
32GB cards are cheap cheap cheap, i don't see how people have such an hard time deciding on these things.

i look at this way, if the game is hard to find in retail stores and the games gets a digital version as well, id digitally buy it, if not ill buy it retail or order it from online.

but if you are one of those, who just want to turn your handheld on any where and start playing games via the selection you have in your system, then thats nice as well. the problem by doing this is that 3DS games are pretty huge in capacity.

I already have a 32GB Extreme ordered since they were like 65% off on Amazon this last week.

I'm just asking because right now Gamestop has $20 off an order of $99.99 or more. (20ALL coupon)

At the same time, having cases and books are nice, and I like having them, but do they REALLY add anything?
#4DynamicJumpIuffPosted 4/28/2013 4:03:36 PM
I'd love to go digital but Nintendo hasn't gotten it right yet.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#5pbandjamesPosted 4/28/2013 4:06:48 PM
Uh, Etrian Oddyssey had a CD and artbook for the first prints.
---
Game news is the best news.
#6WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:07:59 PM
pbandjames posted...
Uh, Etrian Oddyssey had a CD and artbook for the first prints.

First prints are a little bit over with.
#7moogle69Posted 4/28/2013 4:11:24 PM
WithYouForYou posted...
moogle69 posted...

I already have a 32GB Extreme ordered since they were like 65% off on Amazon this last week.

I'm just asking because right now Gamestop has $20 off an order of $99.99 or more. (20ALL coupon)

At the same time, having cases and books are nice, and I like having them, but do they REALLY add anything?

imo apart from the nice looking arts, they don't.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#8WithYouForYou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:14:57 PM(edited)
Hm...now I'm really leaning towards digital...

The only thing I don't like about it is that I normally purchase from Amazon because they don't charge tax...
#9esoteric42Posted 4/28/2013 4:23:11 PM
I don't care much for cases.

Most games don't have instruction books anymore.

Going digital makes much sense for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil: Revelations.

32GB cards are a great deal.

I try to go digital whenever I can, but just ordered Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D off Newegg because the pre-order is only $27.99. I'd rather have it digital, but finances come into play at some point.

I just find it satisfying to have my game library with me wherever I go.

Games where digital will make sense in the future: Animal Crossing, Friend Collection, Dragon Quest 7, Bravely Default.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#10ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/28/2013 4:24:11 PM
I wont go digital till nintendo assures I can play these games 10 years from now. The only digital titles I have bought were because physical copies were hard to get.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.