Ugghhhh (VC Rumors)

#61stargazer64Posted 4/29/2013 7:17:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#62HurricaneManningPosted 4/29/2013 7:18:13 AM
Do people not realize you can transfer from Wii to Wii U without paying, as long as you run your VC games in Wii mode?
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#63xKYSxPosted 4/29/2013 7:28:46 AM
HurricaneManning posted...
Do people not realize you can transfer from Wii to Wii U without paying, as long as you run your VC games in Wii mode?

I wonder the same thing too for most people. If you're gonna play wii VC on the wiiU you're most likely looking at the TV screen anyways. playing it off the gamepad is just a bonus.

sure you can play it when you're in the bathroom on the gamepad but other then that what other purpose is there to play on gamepad? lol.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#64wisemiddsPosted 4/29/2013 7:30:56 AM
xKYSx posted...
I would not mind paying a small fee vs being unable to transfer period and then they get released later on the new platform.

I'm referring to the PS4 guys. I bought quite alot of digital titles on PS3 and it sucks that none of it will be transferable to PS4 and it makes it worse when they bring those games out for PS4 it's going to be full price. Though I do hope PSN accounts will be able to work for PS4 so I don't have to worry much.

You might not be able to transfer the titles but I'm pretty sure with them being linked to an account and not a console you will just be able to re-download them at no cost. Not a problem, the problem lies where purchases are linked to a console and you have to transfer them to your new one (like Nintendo) The 3DS and Wii U purchases should be linked to an account where if a game is available for both you should be able to play it on both without having to buy twice. Don't understand how the drones can really defend Nintendont for this?!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#65IHeartMetroidPosted 4/29/2013 7:32:25 AM
"Every time you post something I'm going to go punch a stranger"

I hope you live near a Biker Bar.

Now that would be fun to watch.

I may just increase my post count.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#66n00bsaib0tPosted 4/29/2013 10:34:03 AM
Shadowstar108 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Pirates are going to pirate regardless of how well it's handled"

This is why you should never, ever, ever run a company.

Let me give you a little example of something. A parable, if you will.

Music companies were screwing people over with exorbitant prices for CDs. Then a little company called Napster came out, and all of a sudden people started pirating the music on those CDs. The stupid RIAA tried to continue to screw consumers over by enacting crushing DRM schemes, getting the government involved, and generally making a mess of things. And that RIAA, if you noticed, ain't doing all that well at what they're doing.

Along comes a little computer company. Barely got any market share at all with what they're making. But they realized that if they gave consumers a fair shake -being able to buy those songs at a reasonable price and play them how they wanted-, well, golly, people would BUY that music! Sure, some people pirated it. But guess what?

That little computer company sold an awful lot of music, and an awful lot of music PLAYERS, too. And that little computer company became pretty damn big and profitable because of what it did.

So go sit in a corner and look foolish. If people are given the option to buy a product at a fair price without crushing, stupid caveats in their way, guess what? A hell of a lot of people will choose to BUY that product instead of steal it!

But if you don't give them that option, if you shove DRM down their throats and ridiculous nickel and diming, then those same consumers who would gladly toss money down for a product will take their middle finger and shove it right up at you, and pirate your stuff.

Again, go sit in the corner.

That's all well and good, but how about you actually comprehend what you read before you post s*** like this? People pirating NES games for the past 13 years aren't going to stop. They might buy games on VC as well as pirating, but they will still pirate. I bought the Mega Man Zero collection while my 3DS was getting repaired by Nintendo and played it on an emulator since my 3DS wasn't there. I legally owned the game and console and still pirated. I did the same thing with GBA games back in the day to play them on a bigger screen prior to the GB Player for Game Cube as well, owned the games and GBA but played on emulators.

You can pick up the broken pieces of your theory and put them in the trash now.

You need to learn to read too. He didn't say that piracy would stop.

You suck at reading too. Here is the break down for you:

He tried explaining why people pirate.

I said people will pirate regardless of how good the service is and that they only use that excuse to make themselves feel better

He then said that I should never run a business for thinking people would pirate regardless and then said in the same post that people will pirate regardless.

I then explained to him again that its just excuses people use and even if you legally own it, if you download it you're stil pirating.

You then told me to learn how to read but didn't notice the contradictions in his posts yourself.

Now you're up to date on everything.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#67Bikes-Posted 4/29/2013 10:50:13 AM
Iokua posted...
At least Nintendo is letting you transfer your VC purchases to the Wii U. Sony isn't letting anything transfer, I've got over $200 worth of PSN titles I've picked up over the years, and I'm ****ed. My PS3 will eventually break down, this is a known fact, and I can't upgrade to a PS4 for a charge or otherwise.

They do at least let PSP/Vita/Ps3 connect, while I agree it's incredibly stupid to cut it off for the Ps4, it still beats the dreadful system Nintendo has.
#68Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:07:05 AM

Yeah but at the same token there is zero reasons to ever do a transfer because of Wii Mode.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#69OoSubaruoOPosted 4/29/2013 11:28:46 AM
Baha05 posted...

Yeah but at the same token there is zero reasons to ever do a transfer because of Wii Mode.

The fact is, you can transfer from Wii to Wii U without actually paying. The only thing you're paying that $1-$1.50 is for the ability to use the Wii U features on them.

2 completely different things.
#70Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:30:27 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
The fact is, you can transfer from Wii to Wii U without actually paying. The only thing you're paying that $1-$1.50 is for the ability to use the Wii U features on them.

2 completely different things.

But that's the laziest possible way to transfer them. More so when they don't give you that many features. the only noticeable one being off tv play and save states.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U