Review: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#1paleselanPosted 4/28/2013 7:02:27 PM
I made a video review for Fire Emblem: Awakening. It'd be great if you could check it out!

http://youtu.be/QHy9SHhd0HE

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
#221_21Posted 4/28/2013 7:30:12 PM(edited)
Not a bad review. You did an excellent job covering what the game is about and what to expect. Definitely a video worth recommending to anyone wanting to know the gist of the game as well as the quality.

Of course, one thing, and this is just an opinion, but one of your complaints was that the game only had voiceovers for 10% of the game. Quite frankly, I don't think the amount of voice acting matters, especially since Fire Emblem games in general don't have voice acting barring special cutscenes.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Black Mesa, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#3staticxtreme5Posted 4/28/2013 7:40:05 PM
Cool review. I would add contrary to the previous poster that I agree with the voice acting bit. I wish the whole game had it, and I actually find it kinda dumb that they spout one liners anytime they talk during scenes that you have to read, but at least you can turn that off. It just seems a little disorienting really. I know they say something that kind of captures the mood of what they are saying in the dialog box but its still kinda lame.
#4Mega_RatPosted 4/28/2013 7:41:56 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Cool review. I would add contrary to the previous poster that I agree with the voice acting bit. I wish the whole game had it, and I actually find it kinda dumb that they spout one liners anytime they talk during scenes that you have to read, but at least you can turn that off. It just seems a little disorienting really. I know they say something that kind of captures the mood of what they are saying in the dialog box but its still kinda lame.

"Right ..."
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#5paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:53:47 PM
21_21 posted...
Not a bad review. You did an excellent job covering what the game is about and what to expect. Definitely a video worth recommending to anyone wanting to know the gist of the game as well as the quality.

Of course, one thing, and this is just an opinion, but one of your complaints was that the game only had voiceovers for 10% of the game. Quite frankly, I don't think the amount of voice acting matters, especially since Fire Emblem games in general don't have voice acting barring special cutscenes.

I think it's down to personal preference. If you didn't like it, then you can turn it off. It's a minor complaint, as you can see by my score, but I still would've preferred full voice acting.
#6ORANGE666Posted 4/28/2013 9:01:59 PM
21_21 posted...

Nintendo games in general are less than 2% Voice Acted. A decade from now are you still going to reassure lazyness and nickle and diming? You payed $40 for a game with not so high production values, you should expect full voice acting and orchestrated music for what you're paying.
#7Genius_SagePosted 4/28/2013 9:30:05 PM
How did you record the gameplay?
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#8paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:26:46 AM
Genius_Sage posted...
How did you record the gameplay?

It's a trailer montage, actually. I don't have the hardware to record 3DS gameplay, so I just mash a bunch of trailers together :)
#9paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:07:27 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
21_21 posted...

Nintendo games in general are less than 2% Voice Acted. A decade from now are you still going to reassure lazyness and nickle and diming? You payed $40 for a game with not so high production values, you should expect full voice acting and orchestrated music for what you're paying.

I would have to agree with this. Welcome to 2013, Nintendo!
#10SoaringDivePosted 4/29/2013 5:16:58 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
21_21 posted...

Except, with the amount of dialogue, you'd have to expect that price to go sky rocketing. Voice actors aren't cheap. It isn't laziness, as that would get you fired. It's money and time constraints.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive