I am genuinely worried for SMT IV

#61Rasen543Posted 4/29/2013 4:34:35 PM
Tempest717 posted...
Rasen543 posted...
I don't think you all seem to realize that SMT fans love Persona too (95% of us anyways), it's just we like main SMT more. A lot of you make us out to be more elitist than we are. Look at the Soul Hackers board, every legitimate post about someone interested in buying it or that has a honest beginner question is treated respectfully. The only time we really get snappy is with the people that demand every other SMT game ever to be exactly like Persona.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66072003

You sure seem pretty elitist in that topic.

I know, I was mostly messing around though. Not gonna deny that one. I know it really isn't an excuse but work was awful that day, as I said in that topic, lol.

I do find it interesting though that it seems like people are arguing more about everyone arguing than actual arguments popping up now. And the more I think about it I cannot recall too many times in the past few months a Persona fan has been hostile towards SMT. In all honesty the whole thing is just a mess right now and it is pretty dumb to even talk about any more. Hell I've probably contributed to this entire "fanbase war" (God that term is so stupid but nothing else fits) more than I like.

I'm sure this post won't change anything though <_< this is GameFAQs after all. I don't know, I kinda felt bad after realizing I said that guy had poor taste. Certainly not my greatest moment. Yeah, I think I'm done with the entire thing at this point. There's nothing good involved for either side... SMT fans want people to get into the series and make it more popular but that's kinda hard if we look like elitists, and Persona fans just want to be off and do their own thing. Kinda feel dumb that it took me this long to realize how immature I was in that topic but eh, better apologize now instead of defending a point I no longer agree with.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#62Tempest717Posted 4/29/2013 4:39:57 PM
Rasen543 posted...
Tempest717 posted...
Rasen543 posted...
I don't think you all seem to realize that SMT fans love Persona too (95% of us anyways), it's just we like main SMT more. A lot of you make us out to be more elitist than we are. Look at the Soul Hackers board, every legitimate post about someone interested in buying it or that has a honest beginner question is treated respectfully. The only time we really get snappy is with the people that demand every other SMT game ever to be exactly like Persona.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66072003

You sure seem pretty elitist in that topic.

I know, I was mostly messing around though. Not gonna deny that one. I know it really isn't an excuse but work was awful that day, as I said in that topic, lol.

I do find it interesting though that it seems like people are arguing more about everyone arguing than actual arguments popping up now. And the more I think about it I cannot recall too many times in the past few months a Persona fan has been hostile towards SMT. In all honesty the whole thing is just a mess right now and it is pretty dumb to even talk about any more. Hell I've probably contributed to this entire "fanbase war" (God that term is so stupid but nothing else fits) more than I like.

I'm sure this post won't change anything though <_< this is GameFAQs after all. I don't know, I kinda felt bad after realizing I said that guy had poor taste. Certainly not my greatest moment. Yeah, I think I'm done with the entire thing at this point. There's nothing good involved for either side... SMT fans want people to get into the series and make it more popular but that's kinda hard if we look like elitists, and Persona fans just want to be off and do their own thing. Kinda feel dumb that it took me this long to realize how immature I was in that topic but eh, better apologize now instead of defending a point I no longer agree with.

Well since you apologized......you're off the hook in my eyes, good job!

And personally I think the biggest reason there's a split in this fanbase now (when it seemed pretty unified before) is simply the fact SMT is on the 3DS and Persona is on the Vita. So suddenly Sony and Nintendo fans are arguing one is better since they each only have one of the series. If both handhelds got an SMT and Persona game I doubt there would be anywhere near this amount of arguing.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#63ORANGE666Posted 4/29/2013 4:40:47 PM(edited)
legendarylemur posted...
Several reasons:

The game might get bad user reviews from people who only played the Persona series and went into this thinking they'll play a watered down SMT with dating sims and Scooby Doo rather than appreciate a well thought out story that brings up various issues of morality and religion to ponder about.

Because Persona 4 represents the whole Persona franchise right?

Go back and play Persona 2 and 3 and tell me they don't have well thought out stories or deal with morality. Just check out Persona 2, Lisa being into old men and acting like she's in love with the MC.
#64TiaelPosted 4/29/2013 6:07:35 PM
Persona 2 dualogy is my favorite Persona release, and has no social links.
I enjoyed 3 and 4 quite a bit, but neither hold a candle to P2 personally.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to SMTIV, SMTxFE, Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, and the inevitable Persona 5.
And enjoying Soul Hackers as we speak.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.