Try to decide between Snake Eater and Kingdom Hearts.

#1TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/29/2013 12:25:21 AM
What is the better game (over-all)? - Results (92 votes)
MGS: Snake Eater 3D
32.61% (30 votes)
Kingdom Hearts 3D
67.39% (62 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I like JRPGs and MGS games. I am sort of torn here. They're both the same price, so that doesn't factor in.

Note: I do own a circle pad pro.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#2legendarylemurPosted 4/29/2013 1:06:11 AM
I actually haven't played the Snake Eater remake, but I guess if you're looking for a cleaner sort of gameplay, I'd recommend KH3D more. MGS3D is known to have a few frame rate issues. KH3D is fairly smooth and fun. It has its own share of problems, but I think it makes up for it by having the best world I've seen in the KH series yet.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#3JurassicBondPosted 4/29/2013 4:22:51 AM
Haven't played either one, but I have heard that the MGS game is by far the worst version of that game. If you have any other way of playing it, you should probably avoid the 3DS version.
---
Reading: A Dance With Dragons - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#4IHeartMetroidPosted 4/29/2013 4:26:39 AM
" I have heard that the MGS game is by far the worst version of that game"

That is an incredibly true statement. Snake Eater 3D manages the feat of actually being a downgrade from the original title, missing literally every extra, reward and bonus from that game. It only allows for one save file (although that matters less since there is literally no reason to play it on this system once you have beaten it), the frame rate is abysmal, and the control scheme is one of the worst out of any handheld game I've ever played unless you have the CPP.

If you love MGS, you owe it to yourself to skip MGS3D.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#5nazacuckooPosted 4/29/2013 4:47:26 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
" I have heard that the MGS game is by far the worst version of that game"

That is an incredibly true statement. Snake Eater 3D manages the feat of actually being a downgrade from the original title, missing literally every extra, reward and bonus from that game. It only allows for one save file (although that matters less since there is literally no reason to play it on this system once you have beaten it), the frame rate is abysmal, and the control scheme is one of the worst out of any handheld game I've ever played unless you have the CPP.

If you love MGS, you owe it to yourself to skip MGS3D.

The control scheme is actually better than the original/HD version by miles.
Even without the CPP.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#6NettoSaitoPosted 4/29/2013 5:07:24 AM
If you've never played MGS3, get it. If you have, then get Kingdom Hearts.... However....

Only get Kingdom Hearts if you've played all of the others. If you haven't played a good chunk of them (BBS, KH1, CoM, 358/2, KH2, Re Coded), then you'll be missing out on a large chunk of the story. 3D directly relates to ALL of them. While you could skip over coded, you would still be missing something.

So, yeah, if you've played the others, go for it instead, but if not, GO PLAY THEM!
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News and Reviews] - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#7DeathSnipe777Posted 4/29/2013 5:24:38 AM
Do you have a PS3? Get the MGS Legacy Collection coming out this summer.

And get KH for your 3DS.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#8IHeartMetroidPosted 4/29/2013 5:38:46 AM
"The control scheme is actually better than the original/HD version by miles."

BAHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Mercy, that was quite a joke.

In fact...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

God, I had to laugh at that a second time.

Careful though, someone might think you were serious.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#9anonymousickoPosted 4/29/2013 5:49:18 AM
NettoSaito posted...
If you've never played MGS3, get it. If you have, then get Kingdom Hearts.... However....

Only get Kingdom Hearts if you've played all of the others. If you haven't played a good chunk of them (BBS, KH1, CoM, 358/2, KH2, Re Coded), then you'll be missing out on a large chunk of the story. 3D directly relates to ALL of them. While you could skip over coded, you would still be missing something.

So, yeah, if you've played the others, go for it instead, but if not, GO PLAY THEM!

No you don't have to play all to enjoy this game. The game, unless you want to follow the story closely, is a fun game itself. Do I have to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 to enjoy Mass Effect 3? No I don't have to.

Furthermore, there's a compilation of the game(KH1 Final Mix,CoM,358/2 Days) Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix on PS3 on its way to NA and there will be undoubtedly Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix following next.
---
"Insecure is a sign of immaturity" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Wp6T6XR90
#10UFOLochePosted 4/29/2013 7:02:58 AM
NettoSaito posted...

Birth By Sleep:Well, debatable, but sure.

KH1:Well, yea.

CoM:Um..no. Chain of Memories was actually designed so that you don't necessarily have to play it. Now, if you want backstory on Organization XIII and why they're called that even though there's only 7 in KH2? Sure. Y'want to find out what really happened to Riku although that's not really necessary to know to enjoy the story(And they kinda cover it anyway)? Sure. But to understand the story? Nope.

358/2 Days:The story is completely useless, the only thing you'd need to take from this is "Who the heck is Xion?". And reading the wikia can fix that in 5 minutes.

KH2:Yep

RE:Coded: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

So that's 3 games to understand a fourth. Not bad at all. Two of which are the main games and one you only really need to understand the backstory behind certain things and who certain people are.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!