What is taking Sega so long to release their "3D Classics" outside of Japan?

#11UFOLochePosted 4/29/2013 5:00:30 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Hm, they're doing four?

So what would the other two be? After Burner and Out Run?

....If After Burner and Out Run got a 3D Classics made of them, I will buy the hell out of them. Seriously two of my favorite games right there.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#12Jakerific44Posted 4/29/2013 5:00:39 PM
talesfan215 posted...
cador posted...
Sega being Sega.

I wanted Valkyria Chronicles 3 so bad. :(

Same.
---
My Anime List:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jakerific
#1390sRetroGamingPosted 4/29/2013 6:19:37 PM
Sonic 1-3&K 3D Classics anyone? ;)
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#14Dragongod165Posted 4/29/2013 6:33:07 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Sonic 1-3&K 3D Classics anyone? ;)

I would die of happiness.
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#15Argh4430Posted 4/29/2013 7:25:44 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Hm, they're doing four?

Seems likely. I always hear about how those were the best SEGA arcade games, or at least memorable. I would not be surprised.
#16Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:36:57 PM
Argh4430 posted...
Ghetsis posted...
Hm, they're doing four?

Seems likely. I always hear about how those were the best SEGA arcade games, or at least memorable. I would not be surprised.

They're all amazing, but I wouldn't say that they're the very best. I always thought of them as a "set." I guess 'cause they were all made by Yu Suzuki.

My hands-down favorite, though, is Fantasy Zone. That game's incredible in every way. I can only imagine how mind-blowing it was in 1986, especially in the graphics and music department.

Quartet's also damn good.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#17Frozenx07Posted 4/29/2013 8:48:52 PM
Ghetsis posted...
They're arcade games, so there's not even anything to translate! Why won't they release them? I would buy Space Harrier and Super Hang-On on Day 1.

I would buy them day 1 as well. I really hope they release them here. Sega does what Nintendon't!
#18cadorPosted 4/29/2013 8:56:24 PM
Jumpmandk posted...
I believe they are doing 4 titles total in Japan, so I'm guessing they are waiting to release the entire group in one bundle over here.

I'm sure these would sell well sold separately, but putting them all together in one bundle seems like a better choice overall. They may offer them individually, but I think this is why they haven't announced them yet.

Space Harrier will be mine, as it is one of my favorite arcade games of all time. Can't wait to play it in 3D.

Hopefully Galaxy Force is one of those and maybe Space Harrier 2. Even if it isn't I'd still buy that 4 pack arcade game.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#19JumpmandkPosted 4/30/2013 6:10:25 AM
I would say After Burner and Outrun seem the most likely to complete the set.

Galaxy Force, Power Drift, etc are all great games, but none of them had the arcade success of Space Harrier, Hang-On, Outrun and After Burner. So these four games seem the most likely to round out the set, and asking 10-20 dollars for the group doesn't seem like a bad idea.