The only thing stopping me from getting a 3DS XL is...

#1Phaser23Posted 4/29/2013 4:22:59 PM
The button layout. It just looks weird to me with what buttons are in what places. To me it doesn't matter what each button does, because I can adapt to that. But what I can't adapt to is which buttons are labeled what. I think A should be at bottom, B to the right, X to the left and Y at top.

It's completely backwards to me.
#2iMURDAuPosted 4/29/2013 4:24:10 PM
So in other words you've never used a SNES or later Nintendo controller.
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#3jedinatPosted 4/29/2013 4:29:43 PM
Phaser23 posted...
The button layout. It just looks weird to me with what buttons are in what places. To me it doesn't matter what each button does, because I can adapt to that. But what I can't adapt to is which buttons are labeled what. I think A should be at bottom, B to the right, X to the left and Y at top.

In other words you can't adapt at all. Stop being a little girl, TC.
#4shotgunheadshotPosted 4/29/2013 4:45:57 PM
What makes Microsoft button layout the right way? I don't think many Nintendo fans care much to have it like microsofts. Or you could wait for the envitable Xbox portable to come out.
#5bandit_wolfPosted 4/29/2013 4:57:18 PM
You do realize Nintendo was around before Microsoft?
---
PS Deputy & Dex Filler__Jobs:506
Gen 5 [wolfman] [1851-1357-0791] Find all 649 Legit Pokemon at the Pawn Shop
#6ni12345pPosted 4/29/2013 5:00:32 PM
Phaser23 posted...

Rather than bash you and troll, I will simply say that it will feel backwards. It was a little strange for me at first too, but I got used to it after a few days. It's a great product and I would recommend you get it anyway. the transition isn't too hard, and you will get used to it quickly.
---
<:::::::::::::::::::::::::{}xxxxx)<(O_O)>(xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::::::> try me
PSN-nickclark19
#7Akira1256Posted 4/29/2013 5:03:12 PM
Why are we seeing a number of posts insisting Nintendo's button arrangement should be more like Microsoft's, lately? Is it an issue with alphabetical order, or something? I never even really look at the button labels, most of the time... I'll learn what button does what, when I start playing a game, and as long as it doesn't have an awkward control scheme, who cares what each button is labeled?
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#8elbarto1Posted 4/29/2013 5:07:44 PM
ni12345p posted...
Phaser23 posted...

Rather than bash you and troll, I will simply say that it will feel backwards. It was a little strange for me at first too, but I got used to it after a few days. It's a great product and I would recommend you get it anyway. the transition isn't too hard, and you will get used to it quickly.

Yep. That
3ds XML is awesome
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#9JoeBudden42Posted 4/29/2013 5:14:14 PM
Honestly it's annoying and tough TC. Games like Resident Evil have you quickly tap X or Y and it's like **** which button is it!! I've have the original 3DS for a while now and I still don't like/know the buttons so good. I don't blame you one bit.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#10SoaringDivePosted 4/29/2013 5:33:17 PM
It's kinda sad to see the amount of people saying Nintendo's layout needs to be more like Microsoft's... when Microsoft took Nintendo's and just flipped the letters so it would fool people. O.o
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive