I bought a GBA...

#1Reverted_PikkonPosted 4/29/2013 4:24:26 PM
I have played most of the 3DS games I want at the moment. So I bought a GBA Micro at a pawn shop for like $20, and it's in great condition. I also bought a GBA SP off of Amazon as well as like 12 GBA games that are always recommended.

The only GBA gaming I got was on my DS with Minish Cap and some other games. I never really got into GBA gaming, I skipped it after the GBC days because I was more into the Gamecube and PS2.

I really love these old games. I have been into older games lately after being turned off completely from what next gen is supposed to be.
---
Luigi is better than Mario.
#2GhetsisPosted 4/29/2013 4:28:33 PM
Wow, $20 for a Micro? That's a steal, especially if it's in good condition.

But congrats on getting a GBA. It has an amazing library only rivaled by the DS and PSP.

I could give you lots of recommendations if you want.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3NeonYoshi11Posted 4/29/2013 4:37:42 PM
lucky you...

GBA has arguably the best collection of games for any system in terms of avg. quality..

Meaning...there are tons more games that are 7.5/10....8.0/10.......and less 5&6/10 games compared to most systems...
#4PsychoWolfXPosted 4/29/2013 4:39:12 PM
I personally never liked the Micro, just not into super tiny devices, but the GBA SP is truley a work of art. I really wish I still had mine. Oddly enough I don't even remember when/where I got it. I'm pretty sure it's still got my copy of Pokemon Yellow stuck in it though.....ugh now I want to tear the house apart and find it x.x
#5ecco6t9Posted 4/29/2013 4:41:38 PM
The SP with the brighter screen is one of the best handheld screens ever.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#6NewbieN00bPosted 4/29/2013 4:47:44 PM
ecco6t9 posted...
The SP with the brighter screen is one of the best handheld screens ever.

My only issue is you can't use earbuds with it.

Unless there is a slot I've been missing all these years...
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#7GhetsisPosted 4/29/2013 4:49:49 PM
^ Nope, you can't use headphones with it unless they're specifically made for it, or you get a converter for it. It plugs into the charge spot, so you can't use them while charging it either.

The SP also has the flimsiest shoulder buttons of all the GBAs too, it seems.

My favorite GBA remains the original. So comfortable to hold, and if you get rechargeable batteries and a light (or mod it for a backlight,) it's unbeatable.

The SP2 and MIcro do have very nice screens, though.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8TentionPosted 4/29/2013 4:55:31 PM
that's crazy. i just dusted of my old black SP (that backlight is awful lol) and played some Mega Man & Bass today. I'd really love to get my hands on a micro or a SP2 in good condition. I have a whole stack of GBA games, one of the (if not THE) best handhelds of all time.
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#9GhetsisPosted 4/29/2013 4:56:15 PM
Yeah, the SP2's screen is gorgeous. Unfortunately, my SP2 has a non-functioning R button...
---
#10crazyray47Posted 4/29/2013 6:00:16 PM
minish cap ftw